Hate Blur? Get [P]URIFIED...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
so does this have any issues to speak of? and is it speedier then stock? and how is battery life compared to stock? also can i be on 886 or have to be on 893? thanks :p

Nope. Yes. Much Better. Doesn't matter, ROM is based off 5.7.893 so you get that system if you flash it.

If you already use a 3rd party launcher you would do well to flash this ROM. If you don't then you should flash Shift3r... but also should experiment with some launchers and see if you can get yourself off blur, IMO. Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher... theres plenty others... just fool around with each one for a bit and see what you like best.

leo5111

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Yes. Much Better. Doesn't matter, ROM is based off 5.7.893 so you get that system if you flash it.

If you already use a 3rd party launcher you would do well to flash this ROM. If you don't then you should flash Shift3r... but also should experiment with some launchers and see if you can get yourself off blur, IMO. Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher... theres plenty others... just fool around with each one for a bit and see what you like best.

i have allways liked go launcher, im running a stock rom installed i deblurred as much as i could, im bootstrapped will i need to reinstall it if i wipe the phone for new rom?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Purity comes with go and a bunch of other launchers. You will however need to set up your homescreens again as part of the install process wipes everything clean first. You can try backing up go configuration and restoring.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Dang it, I've got my whole system borked up now. Flashed 2.5 ic3 then hon3yscr3am then ic3br3ad. Me no likey now. :( probably going to wipe and start fresh.

Sent from my [P]URIFI3D Droid Bionic

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this on Monday. Works fine, but I'm getting some weird Bluetooth going in and out. I'd be listening to something in my car and every 50 seconds or so, it would switch to the Bionic speaker for a few seconds, then back to the car speaker. A re-boot fixes the issue.

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with purified.... all things are great minus the fact i couldnt fet corporate sync to work nor would email on exchange. It would not connect to server.

idivorceyou

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
1st post. Newb questions: on [p]urity 2.5 ic3 & loving it.
Go Launcher, Ablack theme (switching themes a bit!)

Cannot find explanation on any forum of the status notification bar icons in this rom! Some are obvious (wifi on / off, volume) others I have no idea.

Also, I run juice defender ultimate but the rom supposedly has power /battery tweaks. I do not use built in battery management (via settings) . Is juice d necessary with this rom?

I use advanced task killer and frequently find many tasks I've never opened. So of course I kill them. Whassup with apps just showing up? (Facebook, voicemail, titanium, maps....)

What's the best email in box substitute over stock?

Does.4g to 3g back and forth switching I observe drain battery? Any way to just lock in one or the other.

Thanks all!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
1st post. Newb questions: on [p]urity 2.5 ic3 & loving it.
Go Launcher, Ablack theme (switching themes a bit!)

Cannot find explanation on any forum of the status notification bar icons in this rom! Some are obvious (wifi on / off, volume) others I have no idea.

Also, I run juice defender ultimate but the rom supposedly has power /battery tweaks. I do not use built in battery management (via settings) . Is juice d necessary with this rom?

I use advanced task killer and frequently find many tasks I've never opened. So of course I kill them. Whassup with apps just showing up? (Facebook, voicemail, titanium, maps....)

What's the best email in box substitute over stock?

Does.4g to 3g back and forth switching I observe drain battery? Any way to just lock in one or the other.

Thanks all!

The toggles in the pulldown are, from left to right: Wifi , Bluetooth , GPS , Sound/Vibrate , Autobrightness , Autorotate , Airplane Mode , Sync on/off, Data on/off.

I would highly recommend against using juice defender. It's really really unnecessary and I hate how it stops your data usage / sync. To each his own.

Also you should NOT use a task killer. It is pretty much unnecessary and will actually do you more harm than good. I'm not going to get into why, but there are a number of recent articles written about these things so do some research if you want or just take my word for it. I think there was a good one here on AC within the last month or so. Most of those things you have running in the background you NEED and they aren't draining your batt so leave them alone.

If you notice you're in an area that gets a lot of 4G / 3G switching then YES that's a big battery kill. If I'm in a spot like that (where I work) I would just turn on 3G only, or wifi obv if you have it there, until I'm in a better 4G area (my apt).