Need some help getting back on OTA from .893

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, a year ago when I got my Bionic and was all hot to trot on modding my new toy I installed the leaked .893 kernel, flashed purity, and started using GoLauncher. Now I would like to get to the latest ICS update, but I'm not sure how to go about it? Last thread I posted in about this long ago was about getting to .901, but I never did it, and the process seemed pretty laborious. as an easy way to get back on the OTA upgrade path been developed in the last year? What are my options with doing this at this point?

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind there is no official ICS OTA yet. The .232 leak is super stable though and lots of us are using it for a daily driver.

I'd recommend using the House of Bionic (HOB) script SamuriHL created. See his thread in the main forum for links.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what it's designed to do, without losing any apps or data. It's especially useful if coming from a non stock ROM.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
another question, the HoB FAQ says it needs to be on 5.9.905 to go to the ICS build. I'm on 5.7.893, so will HoB get me to .905 then I need to run it again to get to the ICS build?

ekc168

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
another question, the HoB FAQ says it needs to be on 5.9.905 to go to the ICS build. I'm on 5.7.893, so will HoB get me to .905 then I need to run it again to get to the ICS build?

I'm in the same boat here. Rooted and on 5.7.893. How do I get to 5.9.905 in order to apply the HoB update? Thanks in advance!

ekc168

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I apply the FXZ 905 update, I see this message "error: cannot load '.\905_FXZ\mbmloader_hs.bin'
The rest of the update looks fine. When the device reboots, it says it's now running 905.
Should I be worried about this error message? Am I missing something?
Should I run it again?

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When I apply the FXZ 905 update, I see this message "error: cannot load '.\905_FXZ\mbmloader_hs.bin'
The rest of the update looks fine. When the device reboots, it says it's now running 905.
Should I be worried about this error message? Am I missing something?
Should I run it again?

If you haven't already, run House of Bionic to install current ota 246. This is NOT an update from any particular version but a clean install of the full fxz file. This is the easiest way to get current and you DO NOT need to be on 905 to install. Be sure to read all instructions and faq COMPLETELY so you understand everything.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4026-samurihls-house-of-bionic

DO NOT use any files you may already have. Use his HOB files ONLY.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89