I miss my BlackBery.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am enjoying my new Moto Droid and playing with it but I am finding I really miss my BB. The biggest thing I miss is the true push email. I have yet to find that available on android with the exception of the Gmail. I use @sbcglobal.net email and can't even get push email with the yahoo app.

I'm torn at the thought of switching back to a BB

Anyone else thinking they may have made a mistake switching over from a BB.

Of course I surely don't miss the battery pulls.

Last edited:

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yep I misssed mine so much that I opened a second line and put my Bold on it.
I am enjoying my new Moto Droid and playing with it but I am finding I really miss my BB. The biggest thing I miss is the true push email. I have yet to find that available on android with the exception of the Gmail. I use @sbcglobal.net email Ans can't even get push email with the yahoo app.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I want you to envision me saying this in the nicest way possible, because I am...you should've done your research. Anyone will tell you there are two areas that Blackberry has on Android, push email and bbm. Android blows BB out the water in every other category.

But if those are deal breakers for you, as someone suggested open another line or just take the Droid back. You're still within your 30 days. Again, I'm sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. I mean that sincerely.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I guess I didn't realize how much I loved convienence of the push email. I knew it wasn 't on the Droid but figured that wouldn't matter much.

The BBM is no big deal as IMO gtalk is just as good!

Overall the Droid is extremely impressive...... I guess I just want the best of both worlds.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The BBM is no big deal as IMO gtalk is just as good!

I've never understood BBM myself, I've been using GTalk for ages.

Regarding push email, if that's the only thing you like about Blackberry have you considered getting another GMail account and forwarding your mail to that?

I'd also like to add security to the things the BB does well, that and the excellent physical keyboard is why I'm keeping my Tour around on another line.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ive been thinking about buying another BB but I think I will hold off until this fall and get one with OS 6

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am enjoying my new Moto Droid and playing with it but I am finding I really miss my BB. The biggest thing I miss is the true push email. I have yet to find that available on android with the exception of the Gmail. I use @sbcglobal.net email and can't even get push email with the yahoo app.

When I first came from BB to Android I just created a Gmail account and have my yahoo and sbcglobal forwarded to the Gmail and now I have push mail all in on box.

At first I missed the physical keyboard on my Tour but after browsing on the internet and using google maps & search I soon forgot all the things I was missing (not much).

I say try to stick it out a little longer and you will be much happier :)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have my work email pushed through to my gmail and I get it the same.....even though it appears in my gmail acct when I hit reply to the sender it will send it out as if I was doing it from my work pc.....they don't even know it goes through gmail.

Own Personal Push Server

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The same email is pushed to my incredible that is pushed to my blackberry(popserver). :confused: lol . I also have gmail pushed to my incredible . I never had so much mail pushed to me before from a phone . :p . Actually !!

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

You do have a lot of good points but I will add as much as the push email scheme of the blackberry is, I will say android has a bit better scheme because the email is not truncated, can view the entire HTML email displayed like originally they are in Thunderbird.

I man surprised that you want to go back because android is superior in every way. I love the browser, the non truncated emails, not having to reboot or battery pull and call clarity on my captivate versus my bold 9000.... I personally don't think I can go back because I am enjoying a great phone and a Linux based OS.

Cheers,
Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I switched over to a Moto Droid from a BB Tour (although, I still own the Tour and can switch back if I want), and the non-immediate push is a little aggravating. But if you change the settings to check every 5 minutes, it isn't so bad. I mean 5 minutes isn't THAT long. I know sometimes on the BB, Hotmail takes longer than 5 minutes to PUSH through. Why don't you give that a try and see if it helps! :)

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Push email and BBM are the two big advantages of BB over android.

As for BBM, the main reason everyone loves it so much is enrolling is mandatory. Everyone gets a PIN, so everyone with a BB is on BBM.

Google should take a page from RIM and take steps to better ingrain GTalk to the Android experience (like they did with integrating GTalk to GMail).

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't really miss BB, I love the Curve but with my Quench (Cliq XT) I haven't even picked up my Curve since then and I don't even want to touch my Pearl Flip anymore (that phone sucks now). My Quench does just about everything that fits my need (despite it being a low end droid phone), I expected to miss BBM but I got Yahoo & MSN and Handcent to handle my SMS to keep in touch. I'm upgrading to a Desire or such hopefully this week, I have been thinking about waiting for the Bold 9780, I really like my sister's 9700 but after having an Android, I see that RIM offers little over the competition these days and they need to step it up.