Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default For those who use Android for business, what type of security do you use?

I am curious, sometimes I do check work email from my Android. What kind of security measures do you take when using Android? I don't even install an anti virus app or anything but I am careful only to install apk from trusted sources

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Default Re: For those who use Android for business, what type of security do you use?

I'm managing a fleet of 25 Android phones using Google Apps for Business and Lookout. Both give me the ability to lock and remote wipe in the event of an emergency. I do get asked "how do you manage and/or monitor what they do and what they install?" Simple answer is, I don't. It hasn't been an issue. If I wanted a system I could lock down and have full control I'd have them all on Crackberries on a BES server.
    zero3187 likes this.

Default Re: For those who use Android for business, what type of security do you use?

I don't install any antiviruses. Just don't install unnecessary apps on work device.
    Security inside android is very well. Application can't see data inside another app data folder if you will not give root access for them.
    Only common data can be accessible.
    Don't worry.

I do not store sensitive information on my android. The easiest.

Otherwise, i always split login and password.