Bionic in final test stage

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well so what I've been told by my neighboor, he works in the verizon co office, is that the bionic is at its final test. If it passes it will be 8/4 if not it will be 9/1. Take this how you want, just what he's been told

Are you zepfloyd on Droid-Life?:

zepfloyd 8 minutes ago
Device is done. It's in final testing, if passes 8/4 is likely, otherwise 9/1. What I've heard anyway.

Droid-Life link

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I really only wanted the Bionic thinking that t would be so much better than the Charge. Since I have rooted and put gummy on it the Charge is a really great phone. If the Bionic doesn't come out soon I will just be keeping my Charge as it is really a great phone to use.

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope it comes 8/4, I really want that phone. I hope the specs are beefy enough to keep Moto successful but they have been dropping the ball and are falling behind. I'm buying/preordering it it is 8/4 or 8/12

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I really only wanted the Bionic thinking that t would be so much better than the Charge. Since I have rooted and put gummy on it the Charge is a really great phone. If the Bionic doesn't come out soon I will just be keeping my Charge as it is really a great phone to use.

I'm considering picking up a Charge next week if there is no new info on the Bionic. That would still allow me to return it if the Bionic shows up Aug 4, and if not I'd probably be happy with the Charge.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

I love the samoled screen on the charge but I can't live without a notification light. I don't understand why Samsung can't put this feature on their phones. I wish moto would use their screens. I have a 55inch LED Sammy TV and it is unbelievable compared to my LG and my old Vizio plasma.

Arizone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the samoled screen on the charge but I can't live without a notification light. I don't understand why Samsung can't put this feature on their phones. I wish moto would use their screens. I have a 55inch LED Sammy TV and it is unbelievable compared to my LG and my old Vizio plasma.

Notification lights are nice, but there's an okay substitute app called NoLED.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Notification lights are nice, but there's an okay substitute app called NoLED.
I've tried several of them on my gf's fascinate. They flash the whole screen and she has had problems with everyone she's used. Not to mention they are much harder on your battery.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

That used to bother me, but to be honest I don't really notice the absence of it anymore. I keep my phone in my pocket, so I'm always aware if I get a call/text/email.

Do I wish it had one? Yes

Is not having one out weigh the positives of the Charge? No

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just looked it up in the market. It says that noled was made for the galaxy S phones and it lights up a dot on the screen. Maybe it works better than the other one's have tried.

Thanks for the tip Arizone

Arizone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Whats the effect on battery life? For a LTE phone something that stops my phone from entering sleep mode seems less than ideal.

I'm not sure by itself, but it dims the screen as much as it can, or turns the screen off when using the proximity sensor along with a few other features. I have not noticed any serious rises in battery usage since I began using it and I generally always keep wifi and data enabled. Not my favorite solution but it works.

Reactions: anon(392870)

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The one's I have used would still allow the screen to sleep but they would flash the entire screen when you had a notification. You could customize how often for it to flash and how long. The NoLed app says it just flashes a dot on the screen. Not sure how that would work but sounds cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38