Concerns with new ICS update... speaker always on

kegardengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
New here... and not an expert. So please forgive my inexperience and would greatly appreciate redirection if this is not the correct forum.

So yesterday I received from Verizon the new Android v4.0.4 update for my Bioinc. I dutifully performed the update and oh boy was I surprised! Thus far not impressed and am having terrible problems with the "speaker" automatically being turned on and not being able to hear my phone calls unless in speaker mode. Very frustrating. And now getting "No Speech Heard" while trying to use voice to txt feature. I am sure I will find more bugs that I am not happy with.
Any thoughts and direction on where/how I can get this stuff fixed?

Many thanks in advance... and again appreciate your patience.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to go to apps and clear data from the phone app

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that incoming calls have started going to the speakerphone by default rather than to the ear speaker, but I believe that may have begun under GB. I usually use a bluetooth headset, so I can't really pin down exactly when I noticed this for the first time.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i wish ALL mine went to SP by default. :) I could set that up on my Storm, but not on the Bionic. I've never seen any of my Bionics (3) do what you mentioned.