MAJOR MAJOR Performance Issues Since Jelly Bean OTA Update... Help!

rossidudez

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have had my DROID Bionic for over 2 years now and it was a great phone, in fact the best phone I personally have owned. Recently, Verizon pushed the OTA update for Jelly Bean and since the update my phone has literally been slower than my wife's flip phone with even the most basic of functions and I can't figure out why.

Symptoms:
1. I very frequently receive this error: Guiexception detected: Abnormal situation Code wifi_login_screen_required/ null
2. Clicking on Apps button often presents me with a black screen with a rotating circle (loading) icon and often never brings anything up.
3. Overall almost all navigating around in general is either severely laggy or often doesn't even work
4. When I launch the camera, it takes almost 2x as long as it used to to actually bring it up so I can snap a photo
5. When I launch my Voicemail icon, every time, it brings up a signing in message and takes much longer than it used to before to connect.
6. I used to use Advanced Task Killer, but removed it thinking it was the issue. It seemed to clear things up for about a day but then all of the laggy issues came back.

It literally makes this phone unusable the amount of times this behavior occurs. Yesterday for example, I needed to make a phone call.. it honestly took me about 90 seconds from unlocking my screen to actually getting a ring in the ear piece. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc? Much appreciated!

Below is some technical information on my phone:
System Version:
98.72.22.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Model Number:
DROID BIONIC

Android Version:

Baseband Version:
CDMA_N_05.22.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

Webtop Version:
wt-3.0.0

Build Number:
9.8.2O-72_VZW-22

Build Date:
Fri Mar 8 14:50:18 CST 2013

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset yet?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

AllPurposeRadio

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with general lagging after the update as well as the same wifi error message. I did the factory reset. It did help with the lag tremendously but still got the same error message. Read somewhere last night about rebooting the router or changing the security type on on the wifi but haven't been able to try that yet.

Posted via Android Central App

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe the wifi error is from the Verizon backup app (which I read somewhere on here). I rooted, froze the backup apps, and no more error.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I cleared the wi-fi error by clearing cache in stock recovery. I had to do that even after I did a factory data reset and set it all back up again.

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
glad to know I am not the only one with issues since the JB update. I have had more problems since the JB update than I did the previous 2yrs of having the phone. I constantly have to force close apps, the camera takes forever, and on more than one occasion the phone has completely froze.

is there any way to uninstall JB and go back to ICS?

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
There is, but you would have had to jump through a bunch of hoops prior to the update. Sorry about that. Sounds like you need an FDR.

thanks. was trying to avoid that. contract is up; I'll try to deal with it until I get my replacement. suggestions? GS4 or hold out a little longer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura