Verizon and rooting

lineswich

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Was talking with a friend that is a manager at Verizon. He was telling me that even if i put my charge back to stock they can tell if you have messed with your phone. He was saying there is a internal clock that will change if flashed. They can tell what also flashed the phone. Anyone else here the same.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've heard it before but never seen proof of it. And I know bloatloads of folks who have flashed and had hardware issue so they had to reflash to stock to get a replacement and heave never had an issue.

FYI tho store managers can feed you a line of garbage to a degree. Reason being is every device returned they take a hit on. So they have tendency to try to scare people to a degree.

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never talked to a store rep who knows what's going on (no offense). If I ever need some decent help or assistance, the phone reps are the go-to people. I've never NOT gotten what I want from a verizon rep over the phone. If they give you grief, just claim ignorance, make counter accusations, and ask to speak to the next tier. Never fails.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to hear of anyone being rejected after flashing back to stock. No rep or inhouse tech has the ability of checking this. And by the time they send it to someone who does know how to do something like this it would cost them more money and time than its worth to reject it.

i cant verify what the OP mentions but like i said ,it doesnt likely matter.

lineswich

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well glad to here people have not had problems yet. My friend is a manger and he knows I root my phone he does to. . We both think they should give you the basic stuff you need for the phone then let you add all the junk if you like.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have returned phones in the past without returning them to stock and never had a problem. I am not saying to do that but i have. back when i had a blackberry storm. it had so many problems and i returned so many that i just gave up onputting em back to stock lol

Xaldian

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Why did you return it ?

Sorry, meant to say exchanged. I was having serious lag issues after about a week of running Gummy Charged 1.8.5. I never quite narrowed down the issue, but after flashing to stock I was still having major lag. So I packed up the phone, walked into Costco and asked for a new one.