Nothing is syncing since getting JB

jl1186

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
JB update came in yesterday, and now nothing is syncing. Or it sort of is: for instance, if I open my Gmail app I see my new messages, but I don't get notifications, and in Settings > Accounts > Google, it says that nothing has synced since yesterday. And I can't force it to sync either, doesn't work. Other apps that sync automatically are also not syncing.

Anyone else getting this? It's awful.

jl1186

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I think, actually, this was just a coincidence and didn't have to do with JB?it looks like my internal memory was pretty full, preventing syncing.

This is another issue though: I have 700MB free. Is that really not enough memory for syncing?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It sucks, especially if you've got it all set up just right, but I always do a full format/cache clear/factory wipe when ever I get a VZW delivered update, especially a full version update.

elsewhere

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. The same thing also happened when my previous phone, Droid 2, updated to Gingerbread. Eventually, Verizon sent out another update months later.

elsewhere

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out. If you add the "Power Control" widget and select the one that is the second from the right, you should start receiving your email notifications again. What a pain.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
That "sync" feature should already be active. The widget is there to turn sync, and other features, on and off for various reasons, like battery saving. There is definitely an issue regarding apps that need to sync since the Jelly Bean update. I'm having problems as well.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was having sync issues last night. Called Verizon tech support and we did a factory reset. Took about 20 minutes. All is very well now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

jl1186

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I really didn't want to have to do a reset. But I'm still unsure of why 700MB free is still not enough for the damn thing to sync.

Or I wonder if it's not syncing for some other reason, and the free 700MB doesn't actually have anything to do with it.