Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update? Those who need an update fix.

Just wondering if anyone knows when this phone will see is next update, I'm an update junky and love getting a new version of android every now and then.
    Look Ma, I gots me a smart phone

My Time Line->Samsung 540->LG VX8300->LG EnV Orange->Storm 1->Droid X->Droid Razr Maxx

Default Re: Update? Those who need an update fix.

Motorola's Upgrade News Page currently says: "This device is currently running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Stay tuned for an upgrade decision."

I think when I checked this a month or two ago it said the phone would remain on 4.1.2. So I'm thinking this is an improvement.

We live in hope...

http://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Will... Guess I'll have to use this update sparingly for my update fix. Maybe they will decide to update, I feel confident this phone can handle it.
    Look Ma, I gots me a smart phone

My Time Line->Samsung 540->LG VX8300->LG EnV Orange->Storm 1->Droid X->Droid Razr Maxx

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Motorola just posted on their software update page that there is a "Future plan coming soon" for the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. This is very positive news. Thank you Motorola!
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf1 View Post
    Motorola just posted on their software update page that there is a "Future plan coming soon" for the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. This is very positive news. Thank you Motorola!
    Or it could mean they're making up their minds only to still say no to an update.

Just kinda feel like this phone was abandoned after the release of the new DROID's. It's a shame because it's a great phone and only about a year old.

Posted via Android Central App
    jtc303 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    Or it could mean they're making up their minds only to still say no to an update.

Just kinda feel like this phone was abandoned after the release of the new DROID's. It's a shame because it's a great phone and only about a year old.

I love my maxxHD, and would be satisfied with 4.3 but if we get stuck on 4.1.2 that is a major screw job IMO that would lead me away from moto in the future.

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
    mikehammer82 likes this.

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts

I really don't see us getting another update. Yes these phones could handle it but since the new line is already out and another possibly in the pipeline, I think this is where we will stay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    I love my maxxHD, and would be satisfied with 4.3 but if we get stuck on 4.1.2 that is a major screw job IMO that would lead me away from moto in the future.

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
    I'd be happy with 4.2 at this point. Or at least unlock the bootloader for us.
    I agree, if it's left out in the cold, it most likely will be the last time I buy Moto

Thanked by:
    Tbill4 
    mikehammer82 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blg923 View Post
    I really don't see us getting another update. Yes these phones could handle it but since the new line is already out and another possibly in the pipeline, I think this is where we will stay.

thats bs IMO...its not like this is the Droid x which is past its time...its the maxx hd and still deserves support...ugh eff moto:thumbdown:

|[JTC MaxxHD]|
    mikehammer82 likes this.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

It was posted on the Motorola software update page that a "Future plan coming soon." So, I believe that we will see 4.3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.
    Sent using my Moto Droid Turbo BN 64G

Quote Originally Posted by kmf1 View Post
    It was posted on the Motorola software update page that a "Future plan coming soon." So, I believe that we will see 4.3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.
    Again, future plan coming soon could mean "no plans to update to 4.4"

All they're saying is they haven't made up their minds yet.

Even if Moto does send an update to Verizon, big red will take their sweet time pushing it out in hopes all of us RMHD owners just go ahead and upgrade to the Maxx. Why would they rush to approve it and possibly lose sales/upgrades.

TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

If you're anxious for some OS fun and and change, buy Nova launcher. It's SO cool! You can do all sorts of great things that leave the native launcher in the dust. Personally, I don't care if Kit Kat goes to the Razr Maxx HD because chances are it still won't be a great and customizable as Nova is!

BTW - if you DO use Nova, be sure your home pages on the native launcher are totally free of icons. This is so there isn't a double layer of icons fighting with each other. Back up your native launcher first, though, using MyBackupPro. THEN download and activate Nova and have FUN!
    Always learning ...

Global Posts
    494 Global Posts

Call me picky but I don't like the white icons in the notification bar on Kit Kat...

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by blg923 View Post
    Call me picky but I don't like the white icons in the notification bar on Kit Kat...

Your not the only one. The blue kinda pops when you have a black background.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by Arelunde View Post
    If you're anxious for some OS fun and and change, buy Nova launcher. It's SO cool! You can do all sorts of great things that leave the native launcher in the dust. Personally, I don't care if Kit Kat goes to the Razr Maxx HD because chances are it still won't be a great and customizable as Nova is!

BTW - if you DO use Nova, be sure your home pages on the native launcher are totally free of icons. This is so there isn't a double layer of icons fighting with each other. Back up your native launcher first, though, using MyBackupPro. THEN download and activate Nova and have FUN!
    Not to be a jerk but why has your last 8 posts in this sub forum been all about the nova launcher? we all know about it
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

I know it may bite me in the @ss but we almost have to get another update. The first droid RAZR is on the same version of android that the HD is on. Would moto really have a phone that came out a year later stay on the same version? Wouldn't make sense at all.

Verizon announced a maintenance update for the XT926 yesterday. Droid Life has an article on this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

if you look at the website in the second post and check out some of the other devices. says they will remain on jb. so here is to a hope

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

That was like four months ago

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Jones View Post
    That was like four months ago

MY BAD posted the wrong one... i had them both open http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/05...1/#more-123885

And that is waste of an update. Motorola better not leave us with the same android version the RAZR had from two years ago. That would really burn a bridge with a lot of people

Thanked by:
    JFH8 
    jtc303 likes this.

I have to say that I'm rather annoyed a phone that is one year old is THREE updates behind. If the carrier won't allow me a new phone for 2 years, then someone damn well better support my phone for 2 freaking years. I find this completely unacceptable.
    Thanked by:
    JFH8 
    callmeacab and jtc303 like this.

Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I have to say that I'm rather annoyed a phone that is one year old is THREE updates behind. If the carrier won't allow me a new phone for 2 years, then someone damn well better support my phone for 2 freaking years. I find this completely unacceptable.
    Unfortunately this will always happen....

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

An update would be nice, but honestly, my phone works great right now. Don't think I would really miss it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast