Battery life on ics

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing the drops like I was on gingerbread. Battery is good.

But I find the stock battery meter lies... Check it out..

Sent from my Razr Maxx dripping ICS all over the floor

Am I missing something? I see the stock battery says 60% while the other application says something like 56%, right? If that's it, I've noticed that difference with my Battery Monitor Pro application and always laughed. I attributed it to the idea of rounding up, but still funny.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty good, been playing around with the phone all day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Just the fact the graph is dumbed down, it doesn't show the 20 minutes I used the car charger, but states it has been on discharge for only 6 hours?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about ICS life but just in regular use I've been using the smart action Battery Extender to disable background data, cellular data, wireless and gps when the display is off & not charging. I'm not able to be on the phone a lot at my weekend job and on Saturday the meter didn't move off 100% for 4 hrs. It remained above 90% for over 10hrs. Data reactivates automatically when you touch the screen and that's all you need. Works great.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just the fact the graph is dumbed down, it doesn't show the 20 minutes I used the car charger, but states it has been on discharge for only 6 hours?

I've noticed that a lot of applications or whatever don't change it unless it charged a certain percentage. Dumb, I know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bradenfontaine

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The razr reports in 10% increments. Always has.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Oh i know, and that part is fine ;-) I just prefer Battery Monitor's graph as it is more detailed. Pair it with System Panel and I have an excellent overview of any and everything that uses a fraction of CPU/Battery.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh i know, and that part is fine ;-) I just prefer Battery Monitor's graph as it is more detailed. Pair it with System Panel and I have an excellent overview of any and everything that uses a fraction of CPU/Battery.

Which battery monitor are you using? Dev?

amt0312

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what has happened to my phone then? I received the ICS update while I was out of the country (Russia) over Wi-Fi and I wonder if that was my problem. Immediately my battery life went from 24+ hours with light-medium usage to barely 2-3 hours and it takes more than 10 hours to charge my phone. While overseas, I had data disabled and all that jazz, and was only using it on wifi. When I noticed the battery life decrease, I saw that it was on "Global" and was possibly searching for a signal? I turned it off and made sure that it was in airplane mode. This didn't help. While sitting in the Amsterdam airport I had my phone charging for 6 hours and it went from 30%-40%

Anyways, I am now back in the states and nothing has changed. I use wi-fi at home, have the smart actions app in use as always. What the heck happened? Is a factory reset in order? Thanks for the help, guys.

Edit: I checked the battery usage app and the thing that it using most of my battery life is "Cell standby."

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery Monitor PRO. As for the cell usage I would do a reset. Sounds like a bad time to do an update to global phone capabilities, when you are overseas. :(

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It has gotyen slot better
Sig.jpg

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a better way to switch to 3G only. Im in a not so strong 4G area. I get 4G but its like only one or two bars. 3G is solid, so Id like to stay on that. I have found LTE OnOff from the market but when I use that app my 3G never turns blue????

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a better way to switch to 3G only. Im in a not so strong 4G area. I get 4G but its like only one or two bars. 3G is solid, so Id like to stay on that. I have found LTE OnOff from the market but when I use that app my 3G never turns blue????

There's also the option to dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to Phone Information, but it essentially brings you to the same place as the app.

What setting are you using? Mine is set to CDMA auto (PRL) and has been working fine for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forums