Want as much input as possible for pro/con

TelokMAXX

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
So I still have my MAXX at ICS because I'm unsure of the benefits and downsides to JB. I'm just looking for people to post changes and things that may operate more smoothly or just better overall and things that have just tanked to . Feedback is appreciated =)

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
First off everything is smoother thanks to project butter. The pull down notifications are also great in my opinion. They allow you to quickly read texts and see if you need to go into your inbox and read the email. Google now is a fantastic new feature. It is really fast and can answer quite a few questions. JB is a whole new realm of OS and is not in the same league as any of the others. Period. IG names the phones faster and easier to use. The razr/maxx are older phones but JB keeps them right in the running. The only issue I have had with it is that for some weird reason it made the font on my Google drive ridiculously huge. That snapshot is 12 font. It was never like that before the update.....weird.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363433864326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363433864326.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 28

Em_Es_Judd

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I keep my phone factory stock. Unrooted w/ Nova Launcher prime installed. Before the JB update I was completely satisfied with my phone. All of the initial ICS issues seemed to be completely ironed out. Besides Google now, I haven't noticed too many changes to the OS besides font and other small things like that. Expandable notifications are surprisingly useful. With the minor things out of the way, Jelly Bean is very smooth. I haven't noticed any bugs. I'm happy with it. Chrome is night and day better than it was on ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

TelokMAXX

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input! Does anyone know how common the issues I see on here are? Such as Battery being depleted much faster, WiFi connecting issues, texting issues, etc...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I still have my MAXX at ICS because I'm unsure of the benefits and downsides to JB. I'm just looking for people to post changes and things that may operate more smoothly or just better overall and things that have just tanked to . Feedback is appreciated =)

Benefits: If you have any issues, everyone else on AC in the Maxx forum is on JB. And Verizon will not support you if you are not on the latest Officially released version!!!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input! Does anyone know how common the issues I see on here are? Such as Battery being depleted much faster, WiFi connecting issues, texting issues, etc...

I've been using this through the Soak test... battery, Wifi and Texting has worked just fine all the way through. If you look at the Forums for issues you are always going to see people come to the forums for issues, not the 99% that have no issues.

JOHN39

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
This is what I found since downloaded a few days ago:
Print is no longer on drop down menu (Motoprint gone).
Can't put phone in Sleep mode
Also I don't get text messages on my TomTom GPS like I could before.