New Droid Razr MAXX

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I know. I was mocking the ridiculous controversy this has caused.

Bottom line its the same phone but thicker, kind of goes against the RAZR idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Throw a 3300 mAh battery into any other device and their size will increase by a LOT more.

The new RAZR MAXX has my interest... and I can get a new phone in just 2 weeks... so I might be there on the first day this one is available to look at it... it's either that or a Galaxy Nexus right now.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Throw a 3300 mAh battery into any other device and their size will increase by a LOT more.

The new RAZR MAXX has my interest... and I can get a new phone in just 2 weeks... so I might be there on the first day this one is available to look at it... it's either that or a Galaxy Nexus right now.

Damn I didnt know the battery was that huge. Damn. Envy over comes me.

Sent from my HTC Edge using Tapatalk

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick correction it is only a bigger battery and a thicker body. The screen remains unchanged from the original Droid RAZR.

Wait are you serious.... lo friggin l...
Is that all, wow then it is definitely nothing th get
your panties in a bunch for...
I myself prefer to keep my sleekness, and the fact that
this will feel much more comfortable in the pocket.....
If I decide I want to do an evening on the town and throw on a pair of slacks
and loose the side pouch for the evenin.
U honestly know who would really benefit from this.
People that are on the go a lot.
The outdoorsy types....
But the go to the office kinda guy stay put til its time to go home..
Like myself no big deal..

Now up the size of the screen make it 720 hd or qhd.
Add a faster processor than yeah I would kinda be miffed and vexed....
BTW thanks for clarifying:cool:

bebeau25

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
A bigger battery, that's it...lol. What a waste of time on motos part. They should have waited until it had ics. Kind of a joke if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bigtreble

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
this is why everyone should get their phones through costco. You get 90 days to exchange your phone.

However, with smart actions i can get 3 days of use on my phone between charges. With the maxx I would only have to charge once a week.

I just purchased & activated the Droid Razr from Costco on Friday.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to exchange it for the new Razr Maxx?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to beg to return it now for full refund or patently wait (and pray) that Costco gets the Maxx in stock within the next 85 days and honors their return policy.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It is already two months past the release date of the Razr and since it is coming "in the coming weeks", it appears it is at least 3 months later.

I personally like the fact that Motorola comes out with Smartphones every three months of so. That way, when people like me who actually wait for their upgrade date have a new phone to choose from, rather than having to get phone that is already 6 months old, just because the whiners do not want new technology coming out regularly.

The Bionic was released in September and the Razr which is pretty much the same phone, switching issue and all, only with a better screen and much thinner shell was released in November.

Motorola seems to be cranking these new devices at an excessively fast pace.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased & activated the Droid Razr from Costco on Friday.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to exchange it for the new Razr Maxx?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to beg to return it now for full refund or patently wait (and pray) that Costco gets the Maxx in stock within the next 85 days and honors their return policy.

Isn't there a 90 day return policy on phones purchased at Costco?

redbullsc10

May 29, 2011
Visit site
i bought my razor last thursday from best buy. I am a reward zone premiere customer so they allow me 45 days to exchange a phone. I love this razor but if I have the opportunity to exchange it for the same phone with a bigger battery, oh yeah I'm doing it.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i bought my razor last thursday from best buy. I am a reward zone premiere customer so they allow me 45 days to exchange a phone. I love this razor but if I have the opportunity to exchange it for the same phone with a bigger battery, oh yeah I'm doing it.

Of course, it is all speculation (since at this point, you can not do a comparison), but will a bigger battery, which increases weight be any factor to you.

The reason I ask is because I have the X. I will be upgrading in March (or a little later) to the RAZR or RAZR MAXX (yes, I personally like the build and quality of Motorola over Samsung or HTC), but when I quickly held the RAZR, I was worried about the bigger size being a factor, and now with a bigger battery, it seems like the weight will also be affected.

What are your thoughts on feel of RAZR and how larger battery will impact you? Thanks

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, lets see, I have 2 of the Portable Universal Charger, 2 Docking stations so am I going to change, I dont think so..... but it would be nice if Moto did something to help us out and improve battery life.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, lets see, I have 2 of the Portable Universal Charger, 2 Docking stations so am I going to change, I dont think so..... but it would be nice if Moto did something to help us out and improve battery life.

There isn't a heck of a lot any company can do to improve battery life with current battery technology. Battery technology has improved at the same pace as improvements in smartphones has increased.

bigtreble

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
What are your thoughts on feel of RAZR and how larger battery will impact you? Thanks

Personally I really like the form factor of the Razr but found the thinless of the device difficult to grip while texting with one hand. I was going add bulk via a protective case just to make it less slippery. I think the beefier battery address this issue.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a Bionic and was peeved when the Razr came out.
I got it swapped.
Now that I have the Razr, no desire for a Razr MAXX.

Also checked the specs. The only difference is the 3300mAh battery and the back to cover it.
No more memory.
No other differences.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It is already two months past the release date of the Razr and since it is coming "in the coming weeks", it appears it is at least 3 months later.

I personally like the fact that Motorola comes out with Smartphones every three months of so. That way, when people like me who actually wait for their upgrade date have a new phone to choose from, rather than having to get phone that is already 6 months old, just because the whiners do not want new technology coming out regularly.

Lmao whiners huh? Even the writers of this website say the same thing. Don't belittle people because you don't agree with them.

sent from the MyTouch 4G

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am returning my GN and getting the MAXX. I like ICS but itll have it at some point and honestly whats the point of a cell phone if you are always connected. I cant wait to have a good performing phone without having to worry about being connected to a charger all the time. Maybe giving up a few features but I think its worth it. Wish we knew the exact weight, thats the only thing I wonder...the razr now is 4.5oz, my GN is like 5.1oz, what will this thing chime in at? Its still thinner with the MAXX battery then the GN not to mention MOTOS proven better signal strength, volume, and speaker phone. My droid pro has great reception....the GN at my workplace sucks. I am looking forward to this phone!! Unless I should wait a week/month for something over the horizon? :)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am returning my GN and getting the MAXX. I like ICS but itll have it at some point and honestly whats the point of a cell phone if you are always connected. I cant wait to have a good performing phone without having to worry about being connected to a charger all the time. Maybe giving up a few features but I think its worth it. Wish we knew the exact weight, thats the only thing I wonder...the razr now is 4.5oz, my GN is like 5.1oz, what will this thing chime in at? Its still thinner with the MAXX battery then the GN not to mention MOTOS proven better signal strength, volume, and speaker phone. My droid pro has great reception....the GN at my workplace sucks. I am looking forward to this phone!! Unless I should wait a week/month for something over the horizon? :)

DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola Fact Sheet - Fact Sheets - Motorola Mobility, Inc.... 145g for the MAXX... which is roughly 5.1oz... considering this has a 3300mAh battery, I'd say that is pretty good trade off for only a little bit of thickness.