No data at all

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I suddenly have no data at all on my Razr. I've tried everything. It started about 6 days ago (which coincidently was the day I started my vacation to Hawaii and needed data desperately).

It started in my home town, and I just assumed it was a 4G outage, but I got to Dallas, still no data. However, my Xoom had full data. I was beginning to get suspicious. Los Angeles, no data. Honolulu, no data. Then I got desperate. I wiped all my data, went back to factory default.

No data.

Installed various different roms (various times, all with data wipes, cache wipes, etc), no data!

It's really driving me insane. I've had my Razr for a long time (since last november) and I have never had issues like this, other than the widespread Verizon outages. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? I can still make phone calls and text, and connect to WiFi, but that doesn't help when I need GPS or to check flight and other travel stuff quickly.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked to see if data is enabled in the data manager? It just unchecks itself sometimes on my RAZR.

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to mention that. Yes, I have checked the data toggle multiple times, even the roaming data toggle, the LTE/CDMA/GSM switch, airplane mode, etc. Everything I can think of. Taking out the memory card and sim card, etc.

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This might not be an issue anymore seeing as how my phone some how slipped out of my pocket during a photo shoot today and plunged into the Pacific Ocean...

I recovered it, but it isn't turning on. Damn my luck lately. I dropped a Canon 60D into the ocean just two days ago.

Guess the data loss isn't my biggest concern anymore.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Damn, the Pacific took care of that problem and gave you a bigger one. Time for a new phone. And stay away from that ocean, nothing but trouble for electronics. Hope your luck turns around.

Last edited:

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my Razr replaced but my new one still has data issues. Starting to want to get a different phone

Sent from my Droid Razr using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer