Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Trying to flash SRF 1.2

Okay, what I'm trying to figure out is how am I supposed to flash SRF 1.2 when I'm on Simply AOSP v4 and I'm on RFS? I've used the RFS2EXT4 .zip through CWM but after I did that, I flash SRF, but it always get stuck on the boot screen. Thankfully, I had a backup so I'm still on Simply AOSP but I really want to use SRF. Any ideas how I can get it to successfully to flash?
    The Officer

Default Re: Trying to flash SRF 1.2

Its been awhile but didn't SRF 1.2 release without a kernel? If so then there is your answer, you will need to flash the ROM then follow up by flashing a kernel before rebooting the system.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

You can always flash SFR 1.1 that comes with Twilight kernel and then flash SFR 1.2 in then end, I would recomend Genocide 2.0 kernel, in my experience there's a huge difference between these two kernels, IMO Genocide being better. Give both a shot.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Its been awhile but didn't SRF 1.2 release without a kernel? If so then there is your answer, you will need to flash the ROM then follow up by flashing a kernel before rebooting the system.
    I believe it did and I remember once asking about this myself in another thread. I ended up flashing SFR 1.2 followed by the Genocide Kernel.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Oh, and that's another thing, I did flash the kernel but I will probably go to SRF 1.1 and then upgrade to 1.2
    The Officer