Chinese Ebay batteries...Huge thumbs up

CEaton

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I know people will frown on this, but I went ahead and bought one of those 9 dollars shipped battery packages on ebay. Recieved a few days ago, been cycling through the batteries and charging with the included charger. I can without a doubt tell you there is a HUGE difference in run time when a battery is charged externally(in a base charger, not through phone)

the chinese batteries really do hold up just as well if not better than the OEM battery, I'm seeing excellent results.

anyone on the fence, I wouldn't worry if I were you, much better than paying a huge premium for the seidio extended batteries, I will just throw an extra battery or two in my pocket when I know I will be away from a power source for a while. Did I mention they were under 10 dollars shipped???

This is what I purchased, took about 1.5 weeks to get to my door:

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jul-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know people will frown on this, but I went ahead and bought one of those 9 dollars shipped battery packages on ebay. Recieved a few days ago, been cycling through the batteries and charging with the included charger. I can without a doubt tell you there is a HUGE difference in run time when a battery is charged externally(in a base charger, not through phone)

the chinese batteries really do hold up just as well if not better than the OEM battery, I'm seeing excellent results.

anyone on the fence, I wouldn't worry if I were you, much better than paying a huge premium for the seidio extended batteries, I will just throw an extra battery or two in my pocket when I know I will be away from a power source for a while. Did I mention they were under 10 dollars shipped???

This is what I purchased, took about 1.5 weeks to get to my door:

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jul-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

That's good to hear! Can you report in a few months? I bought a battery from China a few yrs ago and it died within a few months =( My g/f would love for me to have a 2nd batt. and charger, and at that price it can't be beat!

drnez

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Even if it does crap out within 6 months.. Its only $10, but a few of them and you'll still be ahead from the OEM batteries.

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
how long do they last? i'm thinking maybe i should get two, keep them in the car for those times when i need a new battery and not have time to charge them.

Archon810

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Going for these as well - perfect, considering how much tethering drains the battery.

Now, sorry to sidetrack but for the love of anything I haven't been able to find a car charger that actually works. I tried 2 different ones from eBay and 1 from monoprice and they all stop charging or charge inconsistently. Same for the USB->Home Power adapters - they all do the same thing.

I originally had the charger problems with the Pre and thought it was picky. Well, EVO is just as picky.

Anyone?

Edit: retweeted :) http://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/statuses/17398487865

Last edited:

ninjahaiku

May 16, 2010
www.kimmeldesign.com
I bought a couple of batteries for $10 from ebay over a year ago for my little Sanyo camera. So far they have held up just as good as the OEM. I've cycled through them pretty constantly always changing which one is in the camera so I'm sure that's helped.

Now, sorry to sidetrack but for the love of anything I haven't been able to find a car charger that actually works. I tried 2 different ones from eBay and 1 from monoprice and they all stop charging or charge inconsistently. Same for the USB->Home Power adapters - they all do the same thing.

I've had the same problem Archon, the only other cable I've found that charges the phone is a micro USB that I had in the drawer. It was a no go with the extra wall charger and car charger that came with a leather case I bough from Ebay for $7. But hey you get what you pay for I suppose.

sonny50

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can still find one Radio Shack had the car charger for the Pre on closeout for $9.99. It worked well on my pre, and works well om my EVO.

It's also a data cable ( 2 in one).

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You better be prepared to get what you paid for. I went that route with my Pre and the battery was great for a month or two and then died into just about nothing.

vboyz103

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine a week ago but didn't see anything in the mail yet.

OP, how long did it take for shipping? I know these are shipped overseas.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered it too. I figured it'll be a good back up. First thing I want to do is charge the original battery on the charger and see how much better the battery life is as opposed to charging it through the phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Going for these as well - perfect, considering how much tethering drains the battery.

I originally had the charger problems with the Pre and thought it was picky. Well, EVO is just as picky.

Any Belkin 12v USB adapter should put out enough current to charge the phone. The one I got certainly does. Combine it with any micro USB cable (I got 1 for $10 from Micro Center) and you should be fine.
This is similar to the one I have:

Amazon.com: Belkin Micro USB Auto Charger 5VOLT 1A: Electronics

And I've got an AC USB adapter that looks exactly like this one, although it has a different name on it:

Amazon.com: Cables to Go 22328 AC to USB Power Adapter (Black): Electronics

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've got the same two battery + charger set. So far they're flawless. The wallcharger works, the batteries seem about as good as OEM. How long will they last? Time will tell, but I bought 2 similar batteries for my Treo, and they're still going strong more than a year later.

Some mentioned negative feedback. The guy's feedback is almost 99% positive. Most of those negative ones aren't for batteries. Mine arrived in about 2 weeks, shipped from Hong Kong, IIRC.

My only concern: the output of the charger is 5.5 volts, not the standard USB 5 volts. I'm not sure I'll plug my phone into the USB port on the charger. But for charging the batteries it seems fine. It does shut off automatically at about 98 to 99% of full charge.

But heck, even if you never use the charger, 2 decent batteries for $10 is hard to argue with. A heck of a lot better than $30 for one Seideo.

edgemaster191

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
for charging my phone i use the charger that came with my Pre and same in my car, i use the official Pre car charger and both seem to work just fine on my Evo.

as for the batteries, i'm leaning towards buying one of the 2 battery kits, for 10 bucks if they die in 6 months oh well..as long as they don't kill my Evo i don't have an issue with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress