DON'T buy Sprint's "Body Glove Cover" *broken phone picture*

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought the the body glove cover along with my EVO with what I though was a pretty neat case at the time. That all changed today when getting out of my car caused my phone to slide from my pocket to the concrete below, causing the case to straight up break and fly off, flinging my phone in the process and cracking the screen. I've posted a pic of where the case broke and of the damage. Quite painful to see if you're as big a fan of the EVO as I am.

Avoid this case at all costs, as the "protection" the case offered involved breaking upon contact with the ground, flinging the phone in the process. I wasn't expecting the case to be magical in its protection, but this is a joke. I hope the Equipment Protection Plan can help me.

Link to the case: Sprint - All Accessories

Last edited:

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
look how thin the case is. what did you expect? plus it's snapped on my two halves. Anyone who has experiences with two plastic halves know that, on impact, they won't stay on.

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
look how thin the case is. what did you expect? plus it's snapped on my two halves. Anyone who has experiences with two plastic halves know that, on impact, they won't stay on.

I thought that a case made for a phone would be better engineered to sustain a light fall, especially one sold by sprint on their website. The case breaking sent the phone flying, causing more damage than the fall without the case would have been most likely.

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for your loss... :(

I had a similar incident the other night - fell asleep on the couch w/ phone beside me. Woke up - got up - forgot about the phone and it fell from the couch on to the tiled floor.

The Body Glove case just 'popped' apart and flung the phone for a second bounce. LUCKILY it landed on it's back (and I have a BodyGuardz skin on it) and not the face - so nothing broke. I was especially fortunate that somehow it missed landing on the camera lens (I'm assuming - cuz it wasn't scratched).

That does suck though. So what else is out there that will offer more 'shock' protection AND also protect the camera lens from scratching when set down (the real reason that I got the BG case in the first place).

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

No offense, but then what the heck is the case for?? I'm not expecting miracles, but I would expect it to at least offer protection from a waist high fall... :eek:

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No case is going to guarantee protection from a waist high drop on concrete - are you serious? And as for the case "flinging" your phone? That's making me laugh.

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
No case is going to guarantee protection from a waist high drop on concrete - are you serious? And as for the case "flinging" your phone? That's making me laugh.

The phone hit the ground, the case popped off sending the phone spinning back up before landing face down on the concrete. I felt like flinging was an accurate verb to use.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I feel the only secure method for such a case is the top and bottom slide-in method. Can't picture these snap-ons doing much.

tlan

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i think the seido case is much better since they fix the fitment issues. i love my case. I droped my phone on to pavement and nothing happened not even a scratch it did land on its back side though.

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be as upset if the case remained on or was re attachable but the $25 dollar case simply just broke. I feel like my investment in it was pointless if it cracks under the slightest stress, not to mention the cost of replacing the phone on top of that.

crown7521

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
retnuh730 you should enter the Contest: Win one of 10 cases from Seidio.

post your pics and you should have a case for your replacement

defector

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
that is painful !!! i own the same case is working for me,even with case and all am still cautious.get your replacement soon replacement.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone hit the ground, the case popped off sending the phone spinning back up before landing face down on the concrete. I felt like flinging was an accurate verb to use.

Sorry, but most cases would not protect a fall like that. There are too many variables to say that one case will protect your phone THAT much better than another.

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine snapped by me just taking it off my phone. I took it back and got a refund. Still looking for a good case that has good protection but will not add the bulk..

slimshady

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Daaaaang I have droped phones off my lap getting out of the car all the time never had one get fubar like that even my pre with no case

retnuh730

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but most cases would not protect a fall like that. There are too many variables to say that one case will protect your phone THAT much better than another.

Are you kidding? They don't make cases that protect your phone from a three foot drop? That's easily the most common damage a phone could sustain. Why even go through the R&D of making a case if your phone's screwed that easily?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87