Need Help!

davepan_2010

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, All,

I just got a G2 not long time ago. It was a gift from my cousin. he bought it from HongKong, so all the settings are designed for Chinese. When I got it, I was trying to change the phone language to English, and somehow, the English language in the phone is English(Singapore) not (United States) and the phone also got very strange keyboard settings (right now is CN Thai keyboard) and Vietnamese IME. I dont even know what they are, but I do know they are very strange.

Basically, I was wondering if is anyone knows how to convert the phone to one like we use in US? I have no experience of using smartphones, and know nothing about it... so, Please help me~~~ thanksssss.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, All,

I just got a G2 not long time ago. It was a gift from my cousin. he bought it from HongKong, so all the settings are designed for Chinese. When I got it, I was trying to change the phone language to English, and somehow, the English language in the phone is English(Singapore) not (United States) and the phone also got very strange keyboard settings (right now is CN Thai keyboard) and Vietnamese IME. I dont even know what they are, but I do know they are very strange.

Basically, I was wondering if is anyone knows how to convert the phone to one like we use in US? I have no experience of using smartphones, and know nothing about it... so, Please help me~~~ thanksssss.

are you able to download stuff from the market?
is the phone connected to a certain network?
is this a G2 or a Hero G2?

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

First make sure it is a real G2 and not one of those after market Chinese phones.Just an FYI, HTC is a Taiwanese company and they make G2 under the name HTC Vision. So G2/HTC vision is the same device.

If it is a G2/HTC Vision, then go my thread HERE and perm root the phone. The instructions are there on how to do it Then download any custom ROM and flash it or I will be putting my custom ROM on this forum called Sillian OS, and you should be good to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work :p

Last edited:

joemm

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

First make sure it is a real G2 and not one of those after market Chinese phones.Just an FYI, HTC is a Taiwanese company and they make G2 under the name HTC Vision. So G2/HTC vision is the same device.

If it is a G2/HTC Vision, then go my thread HERE and perm root the phone. The instructions are there on how to do it Then download any custom ROM and flash it or I will be putting my custom ROM on this forum called Sillian OS, and you should be good to go.

Warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) was banned from XDA Developers G2 forum for posting up roms that simulated a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his G2 trying to root it and wanted everyone else to know what it felt like.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Warning to all users this guy (Sillian Himself) was banned from XDA Developers G2 forum for posting up roms that simulated a bricked phone all because he soft bricked his G2 trying to root it and wanted everyone else to know what it felt like.

"Indulgence in fantasy of people like you is the forte of idiots "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sillian OS Mobile: HTC HD2 (Windows Based)/HTC G2 (Android Based)

Buy me a beer if you like my work :p

Last edited: