Device upgrade! Help!!

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on verizon and it's time for my upgrade. I was set on getting the new razr maxx hd until I saw that my total cost was going to be $350! I'm a sophomore in college and that's kinda crazy. So I did some looking around and saw that I could get the original razr maxx through best buy for free. I'm currently on the droid bionic. What do you guys think? Would the razr maxx be a worthy upgrade, or should I splurge for the maxx hd? I think I'd be alright with the maxx, it would just be too bad if there won't be much development or updates in its future. Thanks!

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on verizon and it's time for my upgrade. I was set on getting the new razr maxx hd until I saw that my total cost was going to be $350! I'm a sophomore in college and that's kinda crazy. So I did some looking around and saw that I could get the original razr maxx through best buy for free. I'm currently on the droid bionic. What do you guys think? Would the razr maxx be a worthy upgrade, or should I splurge for the maxx hd? I think I'd be alright with the maxx, it would just be too bad if there won't be much development or updates in its future. Thanks!
Razr Maxx is a fine phone if you don't need the HD screen. It is getting Jelly Bean in January. JB started to get pushed in December but was withdrawn because it looks like it was accidentally pushed too early.

Repost this question in both the Razr Maxx and Razr Maxx HD forums to get more responses.

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Went to best buy today and turns out they won't let me upgrade because I still have unlimited data, despite what someone said over the phone when I called them. Soooo I'm gonna suck it up and buy the maxx HD online and keep my unlimited. I was going to go for the maxx though. Whatevs, I'll work a little more this semester. Thanks for the input!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Call Verizon and make absolutely sure that you'll be able to keep unlimited data if you buy the phone online from somewhere besides Verizon. I don't know what their policy is about this, so just make sure you know before you do it. If someone from Verizon says you can do it, make sure you get his or her name.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to best buy today and turns out they won't let me upgrade because I still have unlimited data, despite what someone said over the phone when I called them. Soooo I'm gonna suck it up and buy the maxx HD online and keep my unlimited. I was going to go for the maxx though. Whatevs, I'll work a little more this semester. Thanks for the input!

Check out swappa.com for a used Razr Maxx.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
How much data do you actually use actually month? Most people like the idea of unlimited, but in reality only use 2 or 3gb

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon and make absolutely sure that you'll be able to keep unlimited data if you buy the phone online from somewhere besides Verizon. I don't know what their policy is about this, so just make sure you know before you do it. If someone from Verizon says you can do it, make sure you get his or her name.

They dont allow unlimited at all in upgrades since June '12. If you get a new phone say goodbye to unlimited data with vzw.