I never get 4G on my Virgin mobile SII

brianbotkiller

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

my galaxy II (not rooted, factory, running jellybean) connects to a 4g network in albuquerque, NM, 87102, called SPRINT, but I never, ever get 4g. This is the same when I am in other cities and I connect to the SPRINT 4g network. I've never seen 4g work on this phone, and I realize this is a budget phone, but Virgin states that I have 4G. It's not a "this doesn't work in this area" thing, it's a "this doesn't work anywhere ever" thing. I have a grandfathered in $25 a month plan, and I am wondering if because of that plan, I do not get 4g. Virgin has said that I should have 4g and had me do the usual BS, resetting, update PRL, blah blah, never have any 4G no matter what, but get a notice of connected to a 4G network called sprint, I have an IP, etc. etc.

I really would like to someday see 4G work on this phone. Again, I know, it's a budget phone, and service, don't expect too much. I don't. But I DO expect that I should get what I pay for and am told I should have.

I would appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

my galaxy II (not rooted, factory, running jellybean) connects to a 4g network in albuquerque, NM, 87102, called SPRINT, but I never, ever get 4g. This is the same when I am in other cities and I connect to the SPRINT 4g network. I've never seen 4g work on this phone, and I realize this is a budget phone, but Virgin states that I have 4G. It's not a "this doesn't work in this area" thing, it's a "this doesn't work anywhere ever" thing. I have a grandfathered in $25 a month plan, and I am wondering if because of that plan, I do not get 4g. Virgin has said that I should have 4g and had me do the usual BS, resetting, update PRL, blah blah, never have any 4G no matter what, but get a notice of connected to a 4G network called sprint, I have an IP, etc. etc.

I really would like to someday see 4G work on this phone. Again, I know, it's a budget phone, and service, don't expect too much. I don't. But I DO expect that I should get what I pay for and am told I should have.

I would appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks!

That device has a WiMax radio in it. WiMax is a different type of 4G than LTE. Sprint has abandoned it due to LTE connectivity being faster and more reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non