My Samsung S3 isn't in a reboot loop and I need files

James Seedorf

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Oops, title mistake, should say Is in a reboot loop
I have re-flashed the phone with a stock version (I never did any flashing/rooting before this, but have on a previous phone so I know how). I would just factory reset, but I NEED the videos I recorded today. Is there a way to pull files without booting (I can get recovery and download modes, no option is available for mounting the USB connection like I have read about). It is not in developer mode, and I don't think it would matter if it was because I can't boot past app loading (to my belief). When I flashed the device, it loaded and started "upgrading android" upon completion is said starting apps and then rebooted. If I can't pull files can I remove 3rd party apps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oops, title mistake, should say Is in a reboot loop
I have re-flashed the phone with a stock version (I never did any flashing/rooting before this, but have on a previous phone so I know how). I would just factory reset, but I NEED the videos I recorded today. Is there a way to pull files without booting (I can get recovery and download modes, no option is available for mounting the USB connection like I have read about). It is not in developer mode, and I don't think it would matter if it was because I can't boot past app loading (to my belief). When I flashed the device, it loaded and started "upgrading android" upon completion is said starting apps and then rebooted. If I can't pull files can I remove 3rd party apps.

Pulling files in ADB would require USB debugging in developer options checked.
Have you tried pulling the battery for several minutes and rebooted into recovery?

James Seedorf

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea, I have, I have now flashed CWM recovery to the device because I believe it turns on dev mode automatically, but I have gotten no further than now having a slightly different recovery mode screen, my next step is probably to load a recovery via micro sd, but I'm not sure that's my best option.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I have, I have now flashed CWM recovery to the device because I believe it turns on dev mode automatically, but I have gotten no further than now having a slightly different recovery mode screen, my next step is probably to load a recovery via micro sd, but I'm not sure that's my best option.

You can try to clear the device's cache in recovery. See if that will help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app