HELP - problem after rooting

kvsolga

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I need some big help.....

I decided to root my phone... worked like a charm had my phone rooted... then I decided to go and try to get Android kitkat 4.4 on my HTC One S... found out it wasn't possible so I found out someone's mod for it... decided to go along and install it but didn't follow the tutorial correctly.. then got cautious and decided to factory reset my phone but ended up removing the os.

Now The phone turns on displays the HTC logo and turns back off... I can access recovery but that does nothing as there is no OS on the phone.

The phone is with Talkmobile and I need to use it for tomorrow so if someone could help it would be great.

I not the best so I guess you could call me a noob with what I was trying to do here, everyone makes mistakes!

kvsolga

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I went and I downloaded

CyanogenMod Downloads

when I flashed it on to my device and I reboot, it brings the "HTC, quietly brilliant" screen up with a white background for couple seconds and then turns off. Then it repeats the same process over and over again.

I really need help fixing this^

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Names mean nothing - it has to be compatible with your model number.

Check on XDA, in the forum for your phone, and see if anyone has anything. Even if it's a lile unfinished - no GPS or no FM radio or something - you'll have a working phone temporarily.)