The power button on my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT S5570 only working when it is turned off and charging?

androidpoweredtjd

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
My phone has been working fine for almost three years. But last night, when I was going to lock my phone, the power button won't work. I kept pushing it, but it won't work at all.

Eventually, my phone's battery drained, and when I charged it, I tried testing if the power button would work. Surprisingly, the button worked and th ephone turned on! But now that the phone is turned on, I tried locking it. And again, the power button isn't working. It looks like it only works when the phone is turned off and charging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When the phone is powered on, can you force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 15-20 seconds?

sjoseph132_320

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi there I'm having the same problem with my phone (same model). The back button isn't working and the power button isn't working either. The menu and the home button work but I can't go back - and the power button also doesn't work - I have to keep taking the battery out for it to turn off which I'm sure isn't good for the phone. Also, another thing with the power, when I put the battery in, the phone automatically turns on :S

Please help if you can!! :)

Last edited: