bug or limitation?

N1_N1

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.2 on Nexus 1: can't display more than 2 phone numbers per contact.
If I go and edit the contact info, I can clearly see more than 2 phone numbers, but when looking that contact up, only the first 2 numbers are being displayed.
Is this a known limitation in android?

Sorry of this has been answered before (searched the forum and could not find anything about this...)

Thanks!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...I'm not running Stock (as I'm on a Fascinate and running TouchWiz) but I've never seen this issue on other versions of Android. I assume you're saying if you actually open up the contact, it's only displaying two in their contact card? First thing I might do is check the number that isn't displaying. If it's for whatever reason not in a proper format, it might not display.

Example being I have numbers saved for people who send me text messages from AIM or Windows Live Messenger. They're in some weird format like xx-xxxxxx, and they won't show in the contact card.

N1_N1

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, it actually helped me figuring this out.
turns out that if one of the number is close enough to the other one, it won't show up (they'll show as merged). For instance, I had one entry with a phone number in France with the international dial number from the US (011 33) and one entry with the same phone number but with the international dial number from the UK (00 33). Both got merged into a single entry when looking at the contact info (showing the one with the US number). Even the label for that phone got merged...It looks like a bug to me, you should be able to have the exact same phone number displayed as many time you want....

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Glad you got it figured out! I can see how that could be very problematic, it shouldn't automatically merge entries like that, at least not with phone numbers within the same contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87