Why won't videos save on my phone?

A

AC Question

Videos won't save on my phone

A couple days ago, my phone stopped saving videos no matter which app I used to capture them. It'll act as if its recording, but when I hit stop, the video is nowhere to be found. I've changed the save directory to both phone and sd card, neither work...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Videos won't save on my phone

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? How much free Internal Storage do you have available? You're using the stock Camera app?

Bev2k

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Its the ZTE speed, 746mb left on the internal memory, 5gb on the sd card... and yes, the stock camera app, but I tried two others, to no avail.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried clearing out any large files you don't need any more? You may just be so short on space that the OS isn't allowing anything else to be written.

From an AOSP M8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQFPiPMG5Q

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What about photos? Will the camera successfully take and save photos? Are you able to preview what you just took (either by swiping in from the right, or tapping the little preview box)? What happens if you try to preview right after taking a video?

Bev2k

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Photos work fine, preview and all. If I try to preview after I've taken a video it shows the last picture instead.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. I'm not sure why it's doing that. It might be time to do a factory reset.

LaquandaLaquicia

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the Sam eproblem on my ZTE N9 130 I don't know why it won't save videos or download videos for example subsmashes my friends and I make can you help

MsCharlieVmore

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi! Hopefully I'm not too late to help someone out. I had the same problem & I had been looking for my videos for months.

1)Go to your file manager app icon, it should look like a folder.
2) Once you open it, swipe to the "phone" tab on the top menu bar which is to the immediate right of "category".
3) Now you should see a list of different folders. Click on DCIM and select the "camera" folder and
4)scroll all the way to the very bottom passed all of the photos, you should begin to see a small purple triangle indicating videos. I hope that helps you out!

Thanks! Its the ZTE speed, 746mb left on the internal memory, 5gb on the sd card... and yes, the stock camera app, but I tried two others, to no avail.

Last edited:

MsCharlieVmore

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
2) Once you open it, swipe to the "phone" tab on the top menu bar which is to the immediate right of "category".
3) Now you should see a list of different folders. Click on DCIM and select the "camera" folder and
4)scroll all the way to the very bottom passed all of the photos, you should begin to see a small purple triangle indicating videos. I hope that helps you out!

Amb J

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Hello
I am having trouble with my SAMSUNG 6 - considering sending it back only had it since mid may 2015.
It does not save any of my watap videos and also if i down load a video and it goes to a download saved folder yet will not open?
Really do not understand.
I had to send it off recently and this was not a problem before but now after it was all restarted this has happened. Can any one help before i have to send it off again, what a lot of hassle, i never had any of these problems with my iphone 5 :(

Amb J

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

i also forwarded the videos from my iphone to watap and then email and downloaded to my samsung 6 and there is no sound at all but there is sound when other people play it on there phones and my iphone

Annime14

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

Hi! Hopefully I'm not too late to help someone out. I had the same problem & I had been looking for my videos for months.

I have the ZTE max duo LTE and ive got the same problem, this didn't work for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty