Need a little help from someone with Cricket service.....

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Could you send a test text to the USPS for me?
SMS to 28777 (2USPS) with "help" as your message, and see if you get a response?

I switched from ATT to Cricket and can no longer text them..

(Just trying to see if it's just my phone with the problem; Posted this in the Cricket forum, but haven't gotten any responses)

Thanks

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is USPS (28777) the one you are actually interested in, or is that just a general example?

If it is actually shortcodes in general that you are having problems with, be aware that, "The Cricket Network does not support Premium Text Messaging Services (those that charge a fee)." https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...-shortcuts/customer/messaging-shortcodes.html

Here are a few more that you can test:

42278 - send your zip code to receive a weather report from The Weather Channel
25669 - send "info" to learn how to get news headlines from Reuters
46645 - send your zip code and search text ("90210 pizza") for Google search results

Although, strangely enough, I successfully tested 28777 yesterday (on Project Fi network) and got a response within a minute; meanwhile, none of the above have responded after some 15 minutes...

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is USPS (28777) the one you are actually interested in, or is that just a general example?

If it is actually shortcodes in general that you are having problems with, be aware that, "The Cricket Network does not support Premium Text Messaging Services (those that charge a fee)." https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...-shortcuts/customer/messaging-shortcodes.html

Here are a few more that you can test:

42278 - send your zip code to receive a weather report from The Weather Channel
25669 - send "info" to learn how to get news headlines from Reuters
46645 - send your zip code and search text ("90210 pizza") for Google search results

Although, strangely enough, I successfully tested 28777 yesterday (on Project Fi network) and got a response within a minute; meanwhile, none of the above have responded after some 15 minutes...

OK, not one of those SMS codes worked.
However, all my banks, FedEx, UPS, Mint, etc., that I regularly text, work fine.
The only one that I use that will not work is the USPS. (2USPS or 28777).

Cricket has sent e to USPS, blaming them, and maybe it is on their end, but it's curious that it worked fine when I was on ATT, but now won't work on Cricket, who piggybacks on the ATT infrastructure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez