Phone won't ring sometimes

BenniRed

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I had trouble with my old (and I mean old) phone as half the time it wouldn't ring through. I would get alerts though.
It happened enough that I got frustrated and upgraded to a Samsung J1. I've had it a week and now it's not ringing through sometimes.
Can it be location problems? I'm in the hospital recovering from a stroke -- possibly a weak signal?

Thanks for any help/ideas. 😊

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's difficult to know for sure, but it's possible that you're missing some calls because a weak or nonexistent signal. Do those calls appear in your 'missed calls' log? Messages work in a different way and they can arrive later when your signal is strong enough.

BenniRed

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the well wishes!

Yes, they do show up in the logs and I do get alerts for them. It's just so frustrating to be sitting right next to the phone and not knowing it rang until I get the alert! Gr-r-r-r!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Is volume turned up to the max?

Play around with the audio and sound profile settings. Something may have happened that caused it to not ring at times.

Also, wishing you all the best for your stroke recovery!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That IS weird.

Even through reboots?

I'm not sure if it's a software bug or a fault. I'll pass this on to some people who might know more about this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You stated you were in a hospital. I'm sure with all the other electronic equipment in the building and in the room, it may be causing havoc on your cell. There is a whole bunch of EM interference from everything in your room, the TV, the monitoring equipment,, lights, wiring, the composition of the building itself, etc.

Hospitals now have wifi, I'm curious if you found a VoIP service (think Skype) that might help. I've never tried this, so I am not sure how easily this can make recieving calls to your actual cell number.

BenniRed

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I've never looked to see if voip is available. Maybe it IS the hospital environment. It's not THAT important to investigate new things (voip) so I'll leave it alone for now.
Maybe when I'm discharged (3 more weeks) I'll have the strength to look into this issue further.
Thanks bunches! :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I've never looked to see if voip is available. Maybe it IS the hospital environment. It's not THAT important to investigate new things (voip) so I'll leave it alone for now.
Maybe when I'm discharged (3 more weeks) I'll have the strength to look into this issue further.
Thanks bunches! :)
Yeah, VoIP could be the best option for you. Check with the hospital staff if WiFi is available and then you have many different options to have calls over WiFi. Hangouts will make them using your Gmail account, WhatsApp and Viber using your phone number and with Skype you need to create a dedicated account. All of them work great and you can even have video calls. Any of these options will make your recovery more pleasant :) Good luck, mate, and feel free to ask anything you need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87