Brightness Automatically Changing Issue

ScrumptiousOats

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 from Verizon (SM-J320VPP) and am experiencing an issue with my screen brightness. After setting the brightness to maximum I can notice random dims to the screen despite this phone lacking an auto brightness setting. The phone does not even have a light sensor. However, in the display options menu the brightness icon has the letter A next to it which I assume means auto brightness is enabled despite there being no auto brightness option. My only idea is that the My Verizon app could have changed something. In the device health check menu I looked under battery and tapped the screen brightness option which asked if I wanted to enable auto brightness. I was confused because this phone shouldn't be able to do that as far as I know, but I confirmed it anyways.

Any help is appreciated, and sorry about the wall of text. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I am running Android 6.0.1

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
why i'm reading the J3 spec has an Ambient Light Sensor ?
anyway perhaps you should just disable the auto brightness if you don't really need it

ScrumptiousOats

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Where are you reading that the phone has an ambient light sensor? I'm almost 100% sure it doesnt. I can't disable auto brightness because there is no option for it in the Android settings app itself, which is why I'm confused that the screen will dim on its own before timing out

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes you are right, sorry..
should have copied the link before, now i can't find a single article saying it has light sensor :-[

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress