Samsung Continuum: User-Added Rss Feeds Error.

Fbstar

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I mainly bought this Samsung Continuum because of the cool ticker at the bottom. Recently I have been trying to add a bunch of Rss Feeds (Including for this site) and it says 'Subscribing' for about 2 or 3 minutes and then says 'Server Problem, Try again'. In my ticker, I get all of my text messages and Emails, but for some reason, I can't get my favorite websites Rss feeds to register. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I mainly bought this Samsung Continuum because of the cool ticker at the bottom. Recently I have been trying to add a bunch of Rss Feeds (Including for this site) and it says 'Subscribing' for about 2 or 3 minutes and then says 'Server Problem, Try again'. In my ticker, I get all of my text messages and Emails, but for some reason, I can't get my favorite websites Rss feeds to register. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

is background data on?

Fbstar

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This is really bugging me. What do you think Verizon would say to this, because this is basically the main feature to the phone, and it doesn't work...

Think its possible to get a new phone out of this?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This issue does not seem to have a fix at the moment from Verizon or Samsung. I spent over an hour on the phone with a Verizon Tech, finally they gave up on the second day when we talked again, and told me I should take it back to the store and they should offer me the choice of getting a replacement OR getting a completely new (different) device. My wife is already on her second Continuum in less than 3 months, and is having the same issue on her replacement. Sorry, I would call Verizon customer service and get a ticket started. The more people call in, the better the chance we all have of getting this resolved to our satisfaction, whatever they means for each person.

Fbstar

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
-_- This is my second continuum and to be honest I love it (besides the no froyo ): ) but this phone is based around the ticker and it isn't fully functional which is horrible. I plan on going there next weekend. Please keep in touch with me, I like having someone else with the same problem.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm with ya...I really like the device, it was exactly what I was looking for. I would love to have the ticker issue fixed and get 2.2 in the next couple months, that would be the perfect outcome. But I may end up trading it in for something else if they let me. I'll let you know what happens when I go to the Verizon store.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
-_- This is my second continuum and to be honest I love it (besides the no froyo ): ) but this phone is based around the ticker and it isn't fully functional which is horrible. I plan on going there next weekend. Please keep in touch with me, I like having someone else with the same problem.

I posted this on another thread...

I took the Continuum back to my local Verizon store, and showed them on their demo unit in the store how the RSS feeds just don't work at all. After a long discussion with the manager, and showing him firsthand on my phone, my wife's replacement phone, and the demo unit in the store how the ticker is a defective design for now...they actually allowed us to get new devices (not the Continuum). I would love to see the ticker issue resolved, both for those who still have the phone, and just out of my own curiosity.

Good luck, hope all ends well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member