How long until splitscreen apps?

Grahaman27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get a tablet... but the one thing I can't stand about tablets vs a laptop is the fact that you can only display one app at a time.

which then makes me think of windows 8, which has the ability to use two metro apps at the same time (using one fourth and three fourths of the screen per app). But I dont like windows 8... so how long until android gets this feature at least for tablets? frankly... if it doesnt come with 4.2, I will be pissed. any good or bad news for me?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would love to get a tablet... but the one thing I can't stand about tablets vs a laptop is the fact that you can only display one app at a time.

which then makes me think of windows 8, which has the ability to use two metro apps at the same time (using one fourth and three fourths of the screen per app). But I dont like windows 8... so how long until android gets this feature at least for tablets? frankly... if it doesnt come with 4.2, I will be pissed. any good or bad news for me?

Have you seen the Galaxy Note 10.1?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
There has already been work in the development community rhat would add two small windows off to one side of the screen. So far, it hasn't appeared in any ROMs as a standard feature. Google has also told the CM team that if it does get included as a standard feature, theu may revisit allowing CM based ROMs access to Google Apps.

It sounds like Google is against it in favor of a smoother device experience. So, the option is being looked at in the dev community, but I wouldn't hold my breath on expecting Google to embrace it anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87