How to know original carrier

BorisM

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have Samsung S 4 zoom and I want to know is there any way to check for which carrier phone is assembled, so that I know when my 4.3 update is coming.

Posted via Android Central App

BorisM

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hhmm it seems that my phone is sim-free so I am confused about 4.3 update. I found somewhere that simfree phones will be able to upgrade software among first devices. And there is still no update on my phone

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Op, what model S4 Zoom do you have? I'm not sure if there are multiple models, which is why I ask. Go into system settings - about phone and tell us the model number.

Also, if you have access to a computer and can install Kies you can check if an update is available. Sometimes the ota may take a while depending on how it rolls out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

BorisM

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I've checked IMEI number, seventh and eight numbers are 05 , and phone is SM-C101. I am living in the Europe and using T-mobile sim card, and seller told me that phone is simfree.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've checked IMEI number, seventh and eight numbers are 05 , and phone is SM-C101. I am living in the Europe and using T-mobile sim card, and seller told me that phone is simfree.

I don't see any information on an upcoming update to 4.3. Keep an eye on the AC Blog for the latest news on the device or check with Kies.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app