WTF verizon selling ipad!

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
thats right just went to there site ipad for sale oct 28 check it out ! starting at $629.99 with the mifi combo!

MrNoDay5Off

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Holy **** and I was up here telling everyone that I would never see the day an apple mobile device on another network other than att. Next up the iphone

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think they are most interested in selling MiFi's, not iPad's. The iPad is just a vehicle to move more MiFi's and nothing more. That said, this appears to be the kickoff of a relationship with Apple. Will it affect Android? Probably not. Android has already proven it can hold its own.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
When Verizon starts selling iPhones, I wonder who will get to set the terms. Apple balked at Verizon's terms with the original iPhone. I think Apple needs Verizon more than Verizon needs Apple.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they need each other...To me, it's obvious Apple is making money selling their devices by the millions to ATT customers who would choose a phone over service.

Yes they could get more units sold, but I don't think that's apple's style.

D

darktanone

The 800 lb Gorilla

This is not good for Android. The iPad is already affecting purchase decisions for other devices and it will steal sales from Android. I think this is the beginning of Android's growth slowdown. If the iPhone follows on Verizon, it's over for Android's stellar growth. The iPhone will massacre it sales.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Will it affect Android? Probably not. Android has already proven it can hold its own.

Yeah, exactly.

I can't believe iPads are so frickin expensive. Granted I'm pretty poor (full time student accumulating $44k debt.. so I pretty much can't buy myself anything ever) and I've never had much access money but I couldn't fathom spending the money on something like that. I know I'm in a minority but still.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I see almost no use for ut. Thus and the prices with the mifi combo are just way to expensive not worth it in my book you would be better off using your verizon Android phone for Tether and buying the ipad from Apple
edit
the only person or people that would use an ipad are my kids in have almost no use for it

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ipads=Fail imho. Its just a freakin over-sized ipod touch. Still doesn't support flash. And is way too overpriced. I rather buy a laptop.