Just bought Xperia Z2 and read about Sony selling their mobile business...

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I recently started using my Xperia Z2 and I love it! However, a few days ago I read that Sony might be selling their mobile business... How will this affect the current batches of phones? I plan to stay with this phone at least year and a half and I hope they don't stop future software updates or technical service, even if they close their mobile division. What do you think? Thank you.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a link to that article?

From what I see in the rumor mill, Sony is about to become a major player with their 2015 Xperia Z4 lineup.

Ericsson is gone and Walkman is back! I will be a Sony user once again this year; possibly go FULL SONY ACROSS THE BOARD: cell phone, tablet/phablet, wearable, TV, sound system, etc... ;)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I echo the comments of many others I've seen on these articles - one of the best Android devices that nobody in NA buys.

The only reason no one buys them is because T-Maybe is the only seller of the Z3 and VZW gimped the Z3v.

I was going to buy the z3v since I am on Verizon but then I saw a couple days ago that the Z4 just hit the FCC.
Sony has to stop the 6 month upgrade cycle. They just lost a potential sale because I figure why buy the Z3v when I can wait a month and get the Z4v instead. ...

Every person that has a Sony phone, seems to love them. The z3v on verizon has 250+ reviews and 5 star rating. The only 1 star reviews on there are for the dumbest of reasons. (one guy gave it 1 star because it was "too big" for his pocket...obviously an *****)

kaauttp

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty old news. If you read Android news across multiple sources, then you will know that Sony is preparing to become a big player in 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy