Which Phone to upgrade to?

icee_man

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a moto x sec gen. I dropped it recently and cracked the screen. I'm not sure at this point what phone I should go with. I know there are pros and cons of every phone. I was hoping the AC community could maybe help me out. I'm on Verizon just so everyone knows this.
I was thinking about holding out to see what Moto brings to the table in June, but from what I see, i'm not liking it. Should I maybe go with the Pure Edition or is that phone a lost cause now? I'm also intrigued by the HTC 10 and maybe one of the Nexus devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
What are your deal breakers? ... top 3-4 things you must have and top 3-4 things you must not have?

Any particular reason you are on Verizon? Switching carriers will open up more options... perhaps better options too depending on what your preferences are.

icee_man

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Where I live we have Verizon and a small regional GSM carrier. Verizon is the better deal so that's why I'm with them. Tmobile just got coverage out here so i'm waiting for them to get better coverage. The reps said they are using their extended LTE coverage so that has me a bit concerned when it comes to service right now until they get more towers built.

I'm in the market for something that will actually fit in my hand and pocket. I'm not in the market for a monster phone. A decent camera, and decent performance. I'd also have to say timely updates would be very nice. I guess I'm looking between a Nexus device, HTC 10 and Moto Pure Edition. Maybe even the S7 or a G5. I guess those are the phone's i'm looking at.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the HTC 10 is probably your best bet at this time.

It's not too big, updates are timely and it is a great performer across the board.

Just make sure you try to use the stock charger and cable that came in the box as much as possible, or Benson-approved USB-C cables.

anon(9637269)

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. I am thinking of getting a new Android (after a new iOS, i.e. SE) this June, something with at least 5" however I went to the stores here and the choices were pretty much limited, including in our famous online stores. My main considerations were software (closest to stock Marsh)> camera (particularly selfie haha)> battery (SE gonna be tough to beat)> expandable storage feature (3rd world internet). I have short-listed the following devices:
Moto X 2nd Gen (~9000): Stockish, ok camera, not so ok battery, no expandable - it went to a sale to 7000 but already sold-out;
Nexus 5x (~14000): Stock, good camera, good batts, no expandable - I have a crush on this cutie but he can't accomodate additional storage;
Xperia C4 (~13000): Sony 0_0, good camera particularly for selfie, good battery, expandable - I really like the form of this device for some reasons and the fact that it is water resistant etc, it looks durable; and
LG K10 (~10000): LG:|, ok camera, ok battery, expandable - it has some pretty cool functionalities.

Should I just get 2nd hand of the C4 and flash some rom? Or get a brand new k10 and live with the software? Or with the Nexus and just OTG stuff or finally with the Moto X and just lavish the stock despite a lot of compromises? Or wait for the Moto G4 Plus or Z whatever?

I'm willing to spend probably max 350 USD which is around 16000 in our currency here. 5P is 25000 cheapest I saw so it is not an option at the moment.

What you think guys? Thanks in advance!

For reference, I am from and is still now in the Philippines, and I intend to do all sort of stuff with this new phone.

Also, very sorry for me hijacking this, I don't want to start a new thread and I felt that we have same sentiments in some ways. Thanks.

EDIT: Moto X 2014 went down to 7000 (150 USD) so I grabbed, shall be here tomorrow or a day after.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You know, the HTC 10 is an amazing device and an overall improvement on the part of HTC, in my own opinion. There are a few reviews of this phone kicking around on this website, and I've read them and they've really opened my eyes to the improvements in this device's software, hardware, and camera. It's a device that I think has major flagship combat potential, if I can put it that way. :p

Posted via the Android Central App