Google Chromecast : Netflix battery life issue

nick_krawczyk

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was casting videos today for about 4 hours and noticed my battery was considerably lower after doing this. Sure enough I looked and Netflix was listed as having used 31% of my battery. While the Netflix videos are playing and I unlock my device I notice it always goes to a sort of Netflix remote, and then when I press back it goes to my lock screen. I suspect this is causing the app to use so much battery. Anyone else notice battery life issues when using netflix for more than a few hours ?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes it going to consume battery. A LOT of stuff going on to get it working, wifi is active, and you are constantly sending data back and forth.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it going to consume battery. A LOT of stuff going on to get it working, wifi is active, and you are constantly sending data back and forth.

Well it may not be constantly.. Your device isn't sending the video to the chromecast... The Chromecast pulls the video down itself.

I played a 2 hour video the other day.. Phone dropped like 5% or so.. Nothing drastic.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty