When Will There be Restock?

anon(833289)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I wish the Play Store Reps actually knew when they were back in stock, I've called them twice and both times they say that they don't exactly know. I've been searching this and XDA and the phandroid forums but have yet to find a good answer. Cyber Monday would be great, but since 20-22nd and Black Friday were both predicted, but never happened, I'm really starting to think that it's not going to happen this year. Currently stuck on an iPhone 4. :(
By the way, Negri Electronics is predicting Dec. 7th (My birthday! :)) for restock. I don't know if I can trust them as they predicted November 23rd I believe last time, and that didn't happen.
Link: LG E960 Nexus 4 16GB (Unlocked) (Black)
Apparently they are a good source too, according to some other forum I was reading, sorry that I don't have any of the links to these, I know the posts are still out there if you really want to check.

December 7th is too long of a wait! If I knew it was a confirmed date,I'd be happily waiting...
Besides, I was thinking that it'd be a birthday present for me.;)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well they going have them around the Dec 13 @ that UK store that suppose to be selling the white N4. Really who even knows what'a going on untill it happens.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Rep told me(for the Nexus 4) that they are sorting through all the backorders to send them out by the time they received them, not due to low stock of devices....ridiculous.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No matter how many reasons we go, it is just absolutely one of the worst experiences ever buying anything, but most of us will be just waiting for it. The only phone I want...ha.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Rep told me(for the Nexus 4) that they are sorting through all the backorders to send them out by the time they received them, not due to low stock of devices....ridiculous.

Lol. Reps say the darnedest things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

nofaer010

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When they ship out the Nexus, they ship it from Cargo from China which takes 3 weeks.

That's wrong Because it's manufactured in Korea NOT China, and even if it's shipped from China it takes ONE week to get here. Keep in mind this is not the same experience you dealt with Ebay sellers.

plotsy_aces

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restock?

I can't help but think the Nexus 4 is taking the longest of all the Nexii to restock because they're trying to get an adequate supply this time around. One can only hope.. Sigh

anon(833289)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

No matter how many reasons we go, it is just absolutely one of the worst experiences ever buying anything, but most of us will be just waiting for it. The only phone I want...ha.
+1, dying for that pure Android, but can't get it... :-\
I can't help but think the Nexus 4 is taking the longest of all the Nexii to restock because they're trying to get an adequate supply this time around. One can only hope.. Sigh
I was thinking the same thing, as Google has already screwed up many times, but in the end I'm thinking it is just going to be the same awful ordering experience as last time.
Do you guys know if the restock will be unannounced like the N10 or N7? Or will Google give a relaunch date when it comes time?
I'm thinking it will be unannounced as that is Google's typical method, but don't quote me on that, no one has a definite answer. I'd be ready the moment there is a restock, highly recommend using this: Google Nexus 4 Pre-Order, In Stock & Availability Tracker - whohas.it
I'm using it right now and really hoping it notifies me immediately. ;)

Last edited:

cynicist

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I've been looking around for alternatives but my needs include modern hardware, software keys, and the ability to load stock android and sadly the Nexus 4 is by far the best choice (and also the cheapest). I just hope I can get the phone this year...

knecht

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Right. So I live in the UK and right now the cheapest solution for me is getting the 16GB version unlocked from Carphone Warehouse for 390 pounds. It's more than 100 pounds more than the Google Play UK price. I really can't afford waiting for this any longer so my question is... what are the rumours hinting at so far? I am leaving the country at the middle of december so the phone would have to be in stock and deliverable by then. So that's about 3 weeks. What do you guys think?

I currently don't have a smartphone anymore, I sold my iPhone 4S to buy this thing and I was quite unhappy because I received the email to notify me that's it's available 15 minutes after it sold out :(. Really disappointed with Google for the launch...

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

When they ship out the Nexus, they ship it from Cargo from China which takes 3 weeks.

That's wrong Because it's manufactured in Korea NOT China, and even if it's shipped from China it takes ONE week to get here. Keep in mind this is not the same experience you dealt with Ebay sellers.
It actually takes about 10 days for a container ship to sail from Asia to the U.S. west coast.

That can be shortened considerably by shipping by air instead of ocean freight. Would be nice for Google to consider doing that, given the current situation, but I'm doubtful.

piggy_face

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so I literally just got off the phone with google support which kept me on hold for a good 20 min while they "checked my order status". They said I should absolutely have my device by Dec. 4, I asked if that's when they're shipping it or is that when I'll receive it. They then turned around and said I should have either a tracking # or the device. They were nothing but a waste of a phone call. This waiting sucks and no TMO stores in central florida have any. Guess I'll just continue to use my iPhone 4 until I get my nexus :(

notalk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Actually, it sounds like a pretty productive phone call. You're apparently on the list to be shipped in a few days, Wed or Thurs of this week. And, they're saying you should get it no later than next Tues. You must be in the system for a shipping. Their timetable is conservative to allow for possible delays. If they ship yours Wed, you actually should receive Fri of this week.

Why isnt' this better than having no idea what's going on with your order?