Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Default Re: Saying goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
    Absolutely!

Sent from my amazing Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
    Never thought of that. Crazy value when you put it into that comparison.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    bruceleer0y likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    So not true. I remember 10 years ago in high school everyone was trying to get the smallest and thinnest phone. The phablet phase will end too.
    God willing.
    Thanked by:
    kurosenpai likes this.

The Note's argument is not bigger = better. It's argument is it's size = more functionality.

I've messed around with the Note 2 and S pen a few days before I got my Nexus 4, and I was immediately torn. It was so amazing, and so functional.

I like my Nexus 4, but honestly, it just doesn't beat the Note 2. I keep finding myself asking if pure android is really a huge advantage, when Touchwiz actually isn't bad at all.
    Touch wiz is hideous and makes the Note look like a throwback to the Gingerbread days. I won't deal with a non-Nexus device, there's no point. The crappy UI skins ruin Android. I won't buy an LG phone either, and surely not ones with a glass back like an iPhone 4. So I rock a Lumia 920 and use a Nexus 7 for my android fix.

Different strokes for different folks though...
    bruceleer0y likes this.

I seriously don't understand these types of threads..no one cares. Go do what you please but don't make a thread about it. You trying to start a war or just troll?

I to thought about getting the note 2 but I didn't announce to the world about it..the major factor in my nexus 4 purchase was the very competitive price point and the features still out do what note 2 has and there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen. Plus..only way to get LTE is to sign a contract and pay out your *** per month ..no thanks I'll gladly go prepaid and have access to T-Mobiles 42mbps network for $30 month

Sent from my Nexus 4 16GB using Tapatalk 2
    KwietStorm likes this.

Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    I seriously don't understand these types of threads..no one cares. Go do what you please but don't make a thread about it. You trying to start a war or just troll?

If you don't care for the thread, then simply move on instead of posting. Thanks.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen.

This is an uninformed statement as there is alot of development going on for the note 2.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Touch wiz is hideous and makes the Note look like a throwback to the Gingerbread days. I won't deal with a non-Nexus device, there's no point. The crappy UI skins ruin Android. I won't buy an LG phone either, and surely not ones with a glass back like an iPhone 4. So I rock a Lumia 920 and use a Nexus 7 for my android fix.

Different strokes for different folks though...
    Touchwiz may have been a bad UI...But the one on the Note II isn't bad at all. Some could even argue that it's functionality is better than the pure android OS. It really all comes down to preference. I love my Nexus 4 and vanilla android, but I miss some awesome Touchwiz features.

Would it really be fun if every phone, from every manufacturer, in every phone size only consisted of a pure vanilla OS? That would be boring. You might as well get an iPhone.
    Thanked by 2:
    MERCDROID likes this.

I to thought about getting the note 2 but I didn't announce to the world about it..the major factor in my nexus 4 purchase was the very competitive price point and the features still out do what note 2 has and there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen. Plus..only way to get LTE is to sign a contract and pay out your *** per month ..no thanks I'll gladly go prepaid and have access to T-Mobiles 42mbps network for $30 month

That is such a subjective statement. With things like the S-Pen and some cool features of TouchWiz, how can that be possible? You have to give props for Samsung for taking the Android OS to another level, even if it dealt with having to use a TouchWiz interface.

Not everyone is looking for stock android. When people go to school or have a job, or just any task to be honest, having such a thing like an S-Pen and Touchwiz is really worth it. That would be rendered useless if you root it to get stock Android on it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

You can't pay me to use TouchWiz. For me, its a deal breaker (not to mention that cheap-*** feeling plastic).

If it works for you, great but it sure as Hell didn't work for me. And say hello to getting updates 6 months after they're released... That is, if you get an update at all... :snicker:

I'm sticking with my Nexus 4/Nexus 7 combo and couldn't be happier.

Anyway, good luck with your Note 2. Enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 7
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I never understood why updates are so important to a phone's decision. My SGS1 never went beyond 2.3 and it still functioned and work fine. My HTC sensation got updated to ICS and I noticed some minute differences, but nothing that wowed me. Moving to 4.2.1 on the Nexus 4, it functioned just like ICS, but some new features added to it. It probably runs smoother, but nothing major that I've noticed. The only time updates are of importance to me is when they are security related updates.

I feel like phone updates are like windows updates. Whether you download em or not, they make minor differences to how you use the OS.
    Thanked by:
    bigoldthor likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

You say that, but then you post a paragraph . Hmmm why i would be trying to start a war/troll, they're both great phones. it's not like im talking about a windows phone or an iPhone. Nice try.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

hey good evening there
    Last edited by bruceleer0y; 12-25-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I seriously don't understand why people post things like this, if you don't care move on. By posting in here you just bumped this thread to the top. If this post was a so called "troll" you would be feeding the troll and that is just as bad.
    Thanked by:
    bruceleer0y likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    With over 5M Note 2s sold the phone is here to stay, and will not be going away any time soon. I love my big Note 2, and other phones look and feel too small to me.
    I'm not talking about the Note. I'm talking in general. It wasn't that long ago that 4.3 inch screens were considered huge. Now we're at 5 and larger with some, and I don't think we need to be advancing in that direction. My screen is 4.7 inches, and the phone itself isn't big. It feels good. Manufacturers should be focusing on battery technology and enlarging screens without enlarging the bezel along with it.

Thanked by:
    KitN 

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    I never understood why updates are so important to a phone's decision. My SGS1 never went beyond 2.3 and it still functioned and work fine. My HTC sensation got updated to ICS and I noticed some minute differences, but nothing that wowed me. Moving to 4.2.1 on the Nexus 4, it functioned just like ICS, but some new features added to it. It probably runs smoother, but nothing major that I've noticed. The only time updates are of importance to me is when they are security related updates.

I feel like phone updates are like windows updates. Whether you download em or not, they make minor differences to how you use the OS.
    You're either severely downplaying the obvious advancements that Android has made, or you're just that guy who can't bother to be impressed by a cat operating heavy construction vehicles.

Thanked by:

We're in the middle of a technological shakeout, the participating audience to the stage where the fight to find the most perfect balance between our constant flow of data and our interaction with the platform to do so is waged by those whom stand to gain the most. We're here arguing over our preferred cow tag. I prefer my Nexus 4. Nyyyah!
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
    Thanked by 2:
    Downtown Taco likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Why do you guys downplay rooting against updates my skyrockets running 4.1.2 and we are getting closer to 4.2. I don't care about what skin the phone comes with or what version its on I look at raw specs and throw an aosp ROM on anyway. Updates are for chumps to scared of really owning your device. Silly end users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The battery is horrible. If I wasn't going to Korea and needed an unlocked phone, I would have returned it. I pray a battery pack or a software fix is coming before Feb 15th

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Updates are for chumps to scared of really owning your device. Silly end users.
    That's "too." I know, grammar's for chumps, too.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
    Thanked by 4:

Stop trolling each other. You people are breaking the interwebz.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    KitN 

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Why do you guys downplay rooting against updates my skyrockets running 4.1.2 and we are getting closer to 4.2. I don't care about what skin the phone comes with or what version its on I look at raw specs and throw an aosp ROM on anyway. Updates are for chumps to scared of really owning your device. Silly end users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    That's a really silly statement.

andr0idralphie likes this.

Two of the best features of my Nexus 4: price, and no Touchwiz.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

Part of the fun is rooting and flashing Roms. Someone gets a device other than a nexus. So what. They can still put cm10.1 or aokp or any other aosp based ROM and have stock android. All androids are great. You just have to find the one for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    bruceleer0y likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Quote Originally Posted by SAENZ_SCENE View Post
    Part of the fun is rooting and flashing Roms. Someone gets a device other than a nexus. So what. They can still put cm10.1 or aokp or any other aosp based ROM and have stock android. All androids are great. You just have to find the one for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I was nvr to good with that, maybe thats the reason touchwiz and Sense exist, for people like me.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast