Hold out?

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok please don't hate but I currently have an iPhone 4S and an ipad 4, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the jailbreak. I had a S2 before this phone and it was crap and ruined my android experience. But after reading about this phone I want to give it a shot. But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available. So should I hold on for one to become available or should I go ahead and buy a nexus 7 and wait till prolly next spring when they might have some available?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok please don't hate but I currently have an iPhone 4S and an ipad 4, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the jailbreak. I had a S2 before this phone and it was crap and ruined my android experience. But after reading about this phone I want to give it a shot. But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available. So should I hold on for one to become available or should I go ahead and buy a nexus 7 and wait till prolly next spring when they might have some available?

Or you could wait until the new one comes out and wait for the next one. There is a new phone every 6 months. You'll never have the newest and best for long. You can't beat this phone... Get it!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

they will never have unlocked bootloader available(for sale) because of security. locked bootloader is secure. but google let us unlock it and can be done with a click of a button.
same with rooting. still dont understand your locked issue. there is no need to unlock boot loader unless you want to root.

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
they will never have unlocked bootloader available(for sale) because of security. locked bootloader is secure. but google let us unlock it and can be done with a click of a button.
same with rooting. still dont understand your locked issue. there is no need to unlock boot loader unless you want to root.
I mean unlocked so I can use it on AT&T

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine at the beginning of December and just recently got it. I definitely feel like it was worth the wait. Great android experience and hardware and the price is great for an unlocked phone. If you have been satisfied with the hspa speeds on your iPhone 4S it should be a fine phone for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just look up some videos or just say what ruined your android experience
with the s2 music from my iTunes was awful and couldn't get it all transferred, never had GPS, when an update for the newest software came out I didn't receive it until 2.5 months after launch and it wasn't even OTA which took me 45 min to do via computer, and then rooting was extremely hard on the s2 and I bricked it, compared to when I jail broke my old iPhone and it took maybe 10 min.....I want to give this phone a try but nervous that I will encounter the same issues

Last edited by a moderator:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I didnt think tmobile will sell it to you without contract. if they do sell you one no contract, it will be more than what you can through google which i think would be not worth it... but you should be able to pop a att sim in no problem.

so I can go to a tmobile store and buy it to use on AT&T?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
with the s2 music from my iTunes was awful and couldn't get it all transferred, never had GPS, when an update for the newest software came out I didn't receive it until 2.5 months after launch and it wasn't even OTA which took me 45 min to do via computer, and then rooting was extremely hard on the s2 and I bricked it, compared to when I jail broke my old iPhone and it took maybe 10 min.....I want to give this phone a try but nervous that I will encounter the same issues

I'm pretty sure the iTunes sync is all better and you even have google play music now anyways. GPS is now enabled but it isn't the best without any cellular towers or wifi towers aiding it and it can take some time. This is a nexus device is get the newest software AUTOMICALLY. Rooting is hard on all android devices, compared to jailbreaking of course. Bricking is pretty hard if you don't read carefully and don't slow the process down.
Don't judge the phone with your -previous experiences, android has come a long way.

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
That's what my dad told me. He just got the note 2 on launch day and is a big android fan. He tells me that I just got a bad phone....but with the GPS my wife's iPhone would be getting GPS and we would be in the same car and I would get nothing

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what my dad told me. He just got the note 2 on launch day and is a big android fan. He tells me that I just got a bad phone....but with the GPS my wife's iPhone would be getting GPS and we would be in the same car and I would get nothing

Get the Nexus 4 because it's amazing, not because it has GPS :p

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available.

All Nexus 4's are unlocked.

------------

4 weeks? No Nexus 4 me for this month then. :(

They're just sold out, they'll be back soon enough. The prior member has no factual information to base his statement off of. We don't know when the devices will be available again, though the rumor is T-Mobile & the Play Store will have them in stock this month.