Easiest Way to Sync Outlook Calendar with Phone

galaxygurl

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from a Samsung S2 to S4. I do not use google calendar, nor do I use the cloud etc.
I use outlook 2007 for email at home and sync using My Phone Explorer and loved it!! Now, since upgrading phones, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to sync My Phone explorer one way to my new phone. Any ideas would be welcomed!!!
When I connect my new phone it asks me what I want to call it but once I've done that it won't show what I have for contacts etc in my phone explorer...Please help!! ;) Thanks in advance!!!

Damien MacDougall

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That day has come:

Important Announcement about Google Calendar Sync
Almost two years ago, we announced that we ended support for Google Calendar Sync. Starting on August 1, 2014, this app will no longer sync events between your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That day has come:

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping you or someone else can clarify what exactly is affected. I have MSFT's Exchange Online service. So will the stock Calendar app on my N4 continue to sync with the Exchange server in the cloud?

"Microsoft Outlook Calendar" makes me think that only non-Exchange users would be affected. In other words, is Outlook syncing directly with Google Calendar without an Exchange server as an intermediary? Maybe I'm being too optimistic in my reading.

Chris Hargett

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Im on exchange. I'm synced with mail, tasks, even calendar.

I have more than one calendar in outlook however and cannot get that one to sync. I need to have editing permission on the device for all calendars.

This is my first android. I have been iOS since launch. I am happy with the move but I know I will need a good forum to transition, so thanks in advance!

ETA.. Reading this thread got me to wondering why it is so difficult to accomplish what RIM mastered flawlessly well over a decade ago.

Last edited:

pedxing128

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I found this site helpful in picking an alternative to Google Calendar Sync: slipstick.com
I ended up going with the free, portable version of Calendar Sync for Outlook and Google Calendar (pppindia.com/calendar-sync/index.html). It only syncs the last 30 days, but it looks like it worked pretty well for me. I may consider buying pro depending on how well this free version works.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping you or someone else can clarify what exactly is affected. I have MSFT's Exchange Online service. So will the stock Calendar app on my N4 continue to sync with the Exchange server in the cloud?

"Microsoft Outlook Calendar" makes me think that only non-Exchange users would be affected. In other words, is Outlook syncing directly with Google Calendar without an Exchange server as an intermediary? Maybe I'm being too optimistic in my reading.

It's Aug. 16, and the stock Calendar app on my N4 still is in sync with the Outlook calendars on my iMac, MacBook Air and Windows tablet. So I have to believe that my use of hosted Exchange is the reason why the demise of Google Calendar Sync hasn't affected me.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you're not using Exchange, the Android doesn't automatically sync Outlook calendar. Unfortunately, it requires third party software. One that will sync calendar and contacts is AkrutoSync. The information doesn't sync through the cloud and it syncs with your Android's built-in calendar and contacts apps. You can even sync tasks and notes too.

Yudhi Chandra

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I just sync my Bosses calendar to their secretary, the steps are:

1. Create an account at wxx.outlook.com (free email service from Microsoft), we need it calendar function only.

2. Download and install outlook connector to your PC, link wxx.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24677

3, The Microsoft Outlook will automatically ask to add an account, the put your wxx.outlook.com id and password

4. Go to your Outlook calendar, and you will see you outlook.com calendar there

5. Create any event on that calendar, or can create calendar event direct from wxx.outlook.com

6. On your gadget, click the stock Calendar apps. Click setting and add account then put your wxx.oulook.com id and password and make sure to check the sync box. Finish

7. Whatever event you create with your Microsoft Outlook it will sync to your gadget, and whatever event you create with your gadget it will sync to your Microsoft Outlook.

Hope this will help you

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I havent heard of slipstick before. Might wanna check that later on.

I was also searching for alternatives after the free sync stopped.
Ended up using a small plug-in called EVO Collaborator for Outlook. Which not only works for Android but also Apple and BlackBerry.
Might be worth having a look at ?

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft now has a beta app of Outlook for Android. I installed it a few weeks ago but didn't see any benefit over the stock Android email and calendar apps, so I uninstalled it. Plus, I was disappointed that it didn't include tasks because those reminders are just as important for me as calendar reminders. If it adds support for tasks, I'll reinstall it.

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Before we would use Google Calendar Sync but that service has since been suspended.
So now we are seeking alternatives and one way that I found that works well and is reliable is an Outlook add-in called EVO Collaborator for Outlook.
After adding this to Outlook you can sync with Gmail in a 2way sync. (also with other services such as iCloud,Yahoo!,BB and many more)

CardDAV and CalDAV: Sync Android Contacts and Calendars with Outlook

sullymichaels

May 18, 2015
Visit site
This may be a bit of an old thread, but I had somehow DONE this with a Galaxy 3 and Outlook (both way sync - enter an event on either phone [standard calendar] or computer [outlook] and it appeared on the other device withing a minute). I didn't have to download any 3rd party software. I MAY have needed my IT admin's help... Bummed because my phone got taken and, even though the number is the same, the events are not going to my phone calendar. Nor is phone going over to the Outlook calendar either.
Wishing I knew HOW it was set up before...

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This may be a bit of an old thread, but I had somehow DONE this with a Galaxy 3 and Outlook (both way sync - enter an event on either phone [standard calendar] or computer [outlook] and it appeared on the other device withing a minute). I didn't have to download any 3rd party software. I MAY have needed my IT admin's help... Bummed because my phone got taken and, even though the number is the same, the events are not going to my phone calendar. Nor is phone going over to the Outlook calendar either.
Wishing I knew HOW it was set up before...

Some time around August of last year Google discontinued the support and the use of the app that would sync your Outlook calendar with the Google calendar. So now you will need a third party app to do the same. Once in your Google calendar it will sync with phone

Willem Verstegen

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you can give EVO Collaborator for Outlook a try ?
Its a small plug-in used with Outlook to establish a stable 2-way sync between Outlook and different mail services.

From personal experience with my Sony Xperia Z1 I would say this can be used to sync Calendar and contacts between Outlook and your Android.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a lazy sot. ☺ Having _half-way_ mastered putting Doctors appointments, birthdays and anniversaries into my Note 3 calender it occurs to me that if I could get that calender to sync to my work Outlook calender I don't have to do 2 entries. So ...
I stumble across this string. Interesting discussion! Can I ask for a little coaching though?
Firstly the Calender app I'm using is the one that came with the phone and is either the Samsung app or the Android app so I'd need to set up a sync with it to Google calender yes/no?
Secondly I'd have to set up a sync on my work MS Outlook to Google Calendar?
Ideally they'd be two-way syncs and my work would update the phone through Google calender and vice-versa. So I need to have access to Google Calender as well as Outlook and the phone app.
Have I got that right?

jupis

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
My Phone Explorer has worked very well for me: Sony Xperia X1 Compact and Windows 7 Pro 64b. In syncs (over BT, WiFi or USB) Outlook contacts, calendar, tasks and notes. In addition, you see a call log, can dial from the computer using the contacts or call log and control the phone during the call, read and send SMS, manage files on the phone, etc.
I recently switched to Windows 10, and BT connectivity so far does not work for My Phone Explorer; I'm using the fixed wifi connection and waiting for BT solution.
All in all, I can definitely recommend this as a solution to sync Outlook with an Android phone.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
read and send SMS

I have hosted Exchange, but it doesn't cover SMS. I'd love to have the ability to at least archive text messages, with composing and sending being icing on the cake. That way, when this phone croaks, I'll still have those messages.

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
My working solution is:
1. Setup your Exchange account and enable all syncing (email, calendar, contacts)
2. Go into settings->apps->all apps->
3. Clear cache and data from the following apps:
* Exchange-services
* Gmail
4. Restart calendar app and the exchange account is now visible in the list of accounts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699