Major screen issues, seeking any advice/help there might be. :S

gramatron

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So for a while there has been a section of my screen that is unresponsive, spanning the length of the screen, a perfect rectangle about a centimeter thick, an inch up from the bottom of the screen. very annoying, but tolerable.

Just today it started to really go crazy, the screen started not responding at all, locking it and turning it back on would fix it but only for a moment. then the screen started rapidly and randomly auto-tapping all over, as if i was just tapping all over the screen, but i can put it down and it will just go crazy on its own, randomly opening apps, if it manages to open the keyboard it just types gibberish for a while.

again, locking it and turning it back on fixes it only for a minute. sometimes it works for a few minutes, sometimes only a few seconds.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So for a while there has been a section of my screen that is unresponsive, spanning the length of the screen, a perfect rectangle about a centimeter thick, an inch up from the bottom of the screen. very annoying, but tolerable.

Just today it started to really go crazy, the screen started not responding at all, locking it and turning it back on would fix it but only for a moment. then the screen started rapidly and randomly auto-tapping all over, as if i was just tapping all over the screen, but i can put it down and it will just go crazy on its own, randomly opening apps, if it manages to open the keyboard it just types gibberish for a while.

again, locking it and turning it back on fixes it only for a minute. sometimes it works for a few minutes, sometimes only a few seconds.

Do you have a case on the device? Is so remove and clean the case and wipe down the screen. If there is a screen protector remove that aswell.
Also is there a chance there is moisture in the device. Perhaps removing the battery and placing the device in a bag of rice overnight. .. If none of that works bring the phone in and get a replacement.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

gramatron

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a case on the device? Is so remove and clean the case and wipe down the screen. If there is a screen protector remove that aswell.
Also is there a chance there is moisture in the device. Perhaps removing the battery and placing the device in a bag of rice overnight. .. If none of that works bring the phone in and get a replacement.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I do have a case and screen protector, both have been since removed. The problem still seems to occur, still very random regarding the duration of the "freak out" and how often it happens.
Been using the phone and apps all morning with no problems but them it started kicking in again. I will play it out for another day perhaps and if nothing changes i will try putting it in rice.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you have a certain area of your screen that is not responsive to touch (regardless of the other crazy stuff you mentioned) after you have rebooted the phone as well as performed a factory reset, I would call Google to RMA the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87