This works great, comes with the microfiber cloth and you can buy it @ Wal-Mart

Attachments

• Great for touch screens.jpg
    Great for touch screens.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 26

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What do you use to clean the screen on your phone? After a day, my screen is a greasy mess. I found that taking a paper towel and spraying it with a very light spray of windex and then using that to wipe the screen works very well and doesn't streak.

Wondering of there is a better way? I don't use a screen protector.

Hoodie sleeves, jeans, shirt, etc. all work equally well. Wipe in a single direction instead of circles to actually remove the grease and grim.

Ben K Lee

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
meve3a4e.jpg
I use my hats.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same, been using it and a paper towel on my MacBooks for as long as I;ve had them. Never hurt a thing.

Sorry to get down on you, but if you read the care instructions for electronics devices, many will specify not to use household window cleaners. Lack of a mishap doesnt make it the right thing to do. Trust me on this.....

[EDIT] Here's why (from an optician who was fitting me this morning): ammonia will strip off anti-reflective coatings like nobody's business. Cleaning fluids with alcohol clean with little residue. Most eyeglass lens cleaners are a very light detergent solution, which removes oils and dirt. He recommended the approved lens cleaner fluids with a thin alcohol solution once in a while to remove any of the detergent residue.

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS | FAQS

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Last edited:

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to get down on you, but if you read the care instructions for electronics devices, many will specify not to use household window cleaners.

A lot of that stuff is CYA boilerplate, which I've learned to ignore -- and not just for electronics. For example, I have a whole-house filtration system. I purchased the replacement filters, but I wound up calling the dealer because the manual made it sound so complicated: Soak this in a bleach solution for 15 minutes, soak that for 5, and so on. When the tech arrived, I asked him about all of those steps, and he said that they're unnecessary. It took him less than 5 minutes to replace everything.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind if you have a screen protector using a window cleaner won't matter since you're cleaning the protector and not the actual screen.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I just use the Alcohol/Water mix my girlfriend uses for cleaning. Get the fingerprints and dirt off the screen and case perfect, haven't had any issue using it on any device the last year and a half. Just don't spray directly onto the device, I spray it onto a microfiber or a regular rag.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
A lot of that stuff is CYA boilerplate, which I've learned to ignore --....
Well you can unlearn it if you like. I've seen people use steel spatulas on non-stick cookware (scrapes the finish, right into the food sometimes), scour Teflon with Brillo, use Windex on lcd monitors with anti-reflective coating, etc. Yeah that "CYA boilerplate" discouraged it, and ignoring the warnings resulted in effed up gear. Ignore such warnings if you like, but please don't encourage others to mess up their kit. UNLESS you want to pay for their damages...!

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Ignore such warnings if you like, but please don't encourage others to mess up their kit. UNLESS you want to pay for their damages...!

LOL. Good luck finding a law that will enable them to do that. "But judge, this guy on the Internet said I could!" No one with two brain cells to rub together is going to spend $1,500 -- five times the cost of an N4 -- on an attorney's retainer to pursue that kind of fool's errand.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL. Good luck finding a law that will enable them to do that. "But judge, this guy on the Internet said I could!" No one with two brain cells to rub together is going to spend $1,500 -- five times the cost of an N4 -- on an attorney's retainer to pursue that kind of fool's errand.

Just because you won't be held responsible doesn't mean you should tell people to do it.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just because you won't be held responsible doesn't mean you should tell people to do it.

I didn't. I merely said that it's worked fine for me for years on multiple devices. Whether other folks care to do likewise is up to them. I couldn't care either way.

Some people screw up their phones by rooting them. Should we ban discussion of that to avoid that risk?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't. I merely said that it's worked fine for me for years on multiple devices. Whether other folks care to do likewise is up to them. I couldn't care either way.

Some people screw up their phones by rooting them. Should we ban discussion of that to avoid that risk?

Rooting and Roming a phone is a little different than giving advice on how to clean a screen. Most people will not choose to root or rom since they don't know or care to learn how, but cleaning a screen is something everybody does. Including the dimmest bulbs around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez