Nexus 4 media extender?

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to use my phone as a media extender to watch movies on TV from video files on the nexus 4. I'm going camping and will have no internet connection. I will have power outlets, TV, and Nexus 4.

Sounds easy right? Let me tell you what I have done so far. I bought a push2TV and flashed latest firmware to get it to work with Nexus 4. I purchased and downloaded "pinned" a couple of movies from Google play to nexus 4.

I thought I was good to go but when I tried to push the video to the TV a message pops up that says I need to "unpin" the video so that I can watch on TV. It is basically telling me I need to delete the video from nexus 4 in order to stream the video to TV. But like I said I will have no internet connection and besides, my data plan isn't unlimited anyway. Seems dumb. Please offer suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: media extender?

That's restricted use. They only allow streaming to certain devices. That would be like re transmission.... To them

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
He's saying the drm is preventing the movie from being miracast. You will need to view different (ie: non google) movies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38