Nexus brand

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I've owned the nexus 4 and the nexus 5 now, I've always noticed something funny that happens with people I talk to about my phone (I also work at a phone kiosk).

When people ask my opinion and want to know what phone do I personally use I say "The Nexus".. The responses I get are always " the Lexus?? ", "is that better than the galaxy" "is it made by Samsung", " how many megapixels is the camera"

Once a while I get a customer that has a nexus or knows all about it..those customers always have my full respect!
But its funny that most people think galaxy is android.

Posted via Android Central App

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
#samsung
I get the same response from a lot of people as well. I tell them I have a nexus and their like "what galaxy nexus?"

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Advertising tends to do that. Since the Nexus doesn't advertise, you'll find not everyone knows about it.

Their loss.

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Many people still buy old phones that cost more than an N5. It really makes me wonder why, and the only explanation I have is that they simply don't know what a Nexus 5 is.

Obviously, there are other reasons, but this seems to be the biggest.

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
You know we sell the galaxy s3 for $300 at my kiosk, $50 more and they can get a nexus..yet they still buy the s3..Jesus!

frag06

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
You know we sell the galaxy s3 for $300 at my kiosk, $50 more and they can get a nexus..yet they still buy the s3..Jesus!

A two year old phone is selling for just $50 less than an N5?! Wow! If they only knew!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I stopped trying to explain Nexus. When asked about my phone, I just say it's made by Google. I'll elaborate if anyone is interested beyond that.

Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Nexus rarely rings a bell to anyone, so I just refer to it as Google Phone.

It's a good thing that people don't known about the Nexus. It's not a massive marketing jerk-off like Galaxy phones are and it's a pleasure for me to be able to enjoy a high-end pure-android phone without any bloatware at a ridiculously low price knowing people are forking their money for Galaxy phones and iPhones.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I always feel a little bit smug when I use my Nexus. A couple of people have asked about it and I tell them it's a Google Nexus, but they generally aren't interested beyond that.

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if they were going to do away with the Nexus line. When I first heard the rumors, my initial response was that it would be a mistake. I think that the Nexus line has become an important staple in the mobile industry.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

I can't go back to using regular android phones from T-Mobile!!! I hate waiting for updates!

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I get the same thing Samsung users think the Galaxy is stock and the best. I tell them if you're a real tech person you should know and use the Nexus brand devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
When my well used (and well liked) Galaxy S2 died at the start of June I was in the market for another phone and initially didn't even consider the Nexus 5. Coincidentally, the local computer magazine to which I subscribe came out the very next day and had a fairly extensive test on 18 smartphones.

When I read it through - numerous times - and looked at the different prices, as far as bang-for-buck it's hard to go past the Nexus 5. Yeah I'd sorta like a HTC One... but not for nearly twice the price. I'm extremely happy with my Nexus 5.

So I wonder if Google should promote Nexus a bit more. If it hadn't been for that mag article... :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know... With all the rumors of the Nexus line going away, I wasn't exactly pleased... But the Google big-wigs seemed pissed at the idea and finally commented on it.

Can't wait to see what the next phone will bring... Something to look forward to I guess. Though, I love my 5 so much, I'll be quite conflicted.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I wonder if Google should promote Nexus a bit more. If it hadn't been for that mag article... :)

I'm guessing they are going to make a big push. Google seems to want to get things back under control a bit... As far as the look of android, the mysterious Android Silver line... The Nexus just might end up being treated as a true flagship.