Nexus 5 lags, almost not irresponsible - not related with LoliPop

Gintaras Vaitkus

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I've bought Nexus 5 from the second hands, and was very happy back to Android after using windows phone (lumia 925 - the only one good thing with it that seems like it is not water resistant at all, now I'm sure that I'll stay with Android for a long time, just not sure if it will be Nexus I got yesterday ;) ). So about Nexus... unfortunately my happiness about it ended in an hour or so - I got it after factory reset and with LoliPop inside already - and it looked and worked perfectly for about ~15 minutes and started someway lagging - became not responsive - my first idea was that maybe its because its not connected to WIFI and so SIM card inside, so maybe trying update/connect - I've restarted it - and it helped, everything was smooth again, I've installed all apps i need, set up my google account everything was fine until the morning, and in the morning again almost not responsive... not usable at all... behaves like during full memory consumption or like CPU is used 100% all the time... even when loading after restarting this loading animation with colorful circle is very slow, - so its not the case when some application is using a lot of memory or CPU - i've tried install some system/cpu inspector - all usages MEMORY/CPU is fine...

What I did already:
1. Swiped cache - doesn't have any effectel
2. Factory reset - didn't help
3. Downgraded to KitKatNexus - didn't help - previous android version lagging the same way
4. Trying to click with plane mode/with SIM/without SIM/ WIFI disabled and etc - the same problem

Any ideas? It still looks like software problem from the symptoms for me not hardware... but... I'm out of ideas - maybe somebody had/solved similar issues.

Regards,

gv

Last edited:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've bought Nexus 5 from the second hands, and was very happy back to Android after using windows phone (lumia 925 - the only one good thing with it that seems like it is not water resistant at all, now I'm sure that I'll stay with Android for a long time, just not sure if it will be Nexus I got yesterday ;) ). So about Nexus... unfortunately my happiness about it ended in an hour or so - I got it after factory reset and with LoliPop inside already - and it looked and worked perfectly for about ~15 minutes and started someway lagging - became not responsive - my first idea was that maybe its because its not connected to WIFI and so SIM card inside, so maybe trying update/connect - I've restarted it - and it helped, everything was smooth again, I've installed all apps i need, set up my google account everything was fine until the morning, and in the morning again almost not responsive... not usable at all... behaves like during full memory consumption or like CPU is used 100% all the time... even when loading after restarting this loading animation with colorful circle is very slow, - so its not the case when some application is using a lot of memory or CPU - i've tried install some system/cpu inspector - all usages MEMORY/CPU is fine...

What I did already:
1. Swiped cache - doesn't have any effectel
2. Factory reset - didn't help
3. Downgraded to KitKatNexus - didn't help - previous android version lagging the same way
4. Trying to click with plane mode/with SIM/without SIM/ WIFI disabled and etc - the same problem

Any ideas? It still looks like software problem from the symptoms for me not hardware... but... I'm out of ideas - maybe somebody had/solved similar issues.

Regards,

gv

I would have to say that it might be a hardware problem if you have tried a factory reset and that didn't help.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say that it might be a hardware problem if you have tried a factory reset and that didn't help.

I agree. I would bet a lot of money that it is a hardware issue. Once you have done all of those things and it is still not working right, well, there's not much else to do. You most likely got a defective phone. Android may not be perfect, but it's not that bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer