Nexus 6: Can't send texts (VZW)..

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue where I can't send any texts. I can receive them. Seems to have happened right after the 5.0.1 update, but I can't confirm that. I am not rooted. Any ideas?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue where I can't send any texts. I can receive them. Seems to have happened right after the 5.0.1 update, but I can't confirm that. I am not rooted. Any ideas?

Quick question. Does it send any at all, or just hang when sending?

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have done a power off, wait, power on cycle. I would rather not pull the factory reset ripcord until the last try.

Try setting the radio to 3G, then send a SMS. I know sprint which is also CDMA, does not seem to play nice with SMS/MMS on the N6

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There is something with the N6 radio software and CDMA carriers. Idk what it is, but a couple of people here have reported the same issue.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Yeah... That's the thing. If I stay on 3G it sends. Hopefully that's a software fix. I think I could do some sort of Tasker script that switches me over when I get texts...

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Google really can't figure out how to properly implement text messaging. It's OK. I understand. I mean texting is really a new and unproven technology.

Posted via the Android Central App

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... That's the thing. If I stay on 3G it sends. Hopefully that's a software fix. I think I could do some sort of Tasker script that switches me over when I get texts...

How would that possibly work? Tasker won't know you're getting a text unless you switch to 3G first.

Your choices are to get a real carrier or get a phone that was properly implemented. It amazes me that anyone tolerates the shenanigans of CDMA carriers anymore.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How would that possibly work? Tasker won't know you're getting a text unless you switch to 3G first.

Your choices are to get a real carrier or get a phone that was properly implemented. It amazes me that anyone tolerates the shenanigans of CDMA carriers anymore.

Because not all 'real' carriers work in certain areas. Seriously man most of your posts, 99.8% of them are negative and don't really add anything besides sarcasm to the conversation. Being honest, if you don't really have anything to say, you probably shouldn't.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Because not all 'real' carriers work in certain areas. Seriously man most of your posts, 99.8% of them are negative and don't really add anything besides sarcasm to the conversation. Being honest, if you don't really have anything to say, you probably shouldn't.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

Disagree.

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

It was just an idea.

As per Tasker, it would have worked on an older version of Android.