Google hangouts version 4.0

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so maybe it's just me, but in hangouts version 4.0 for Android, it looks like you can finally finally send multiple pictures in an MMS message has anyone else tried this yet without it crashing or force closing at all?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't know about you, but I side load of the 4.0 Google Hangouts update and so far is very smooth and fast and promising.

I'm not one for side loading apps, partly to do with the fact I don't know where to go looking for them haha! where would you suggest?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not one for side loading apps, partly to do with the fact I don't know where to go looking for them haha! where would you suggest?
There was an easy to following online you just google it. Lol its safe download it and its done

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
There was an easy to following online you just google it. Lol its safe download it and its done

Thanks :) yeah I'll Google it. I'm sure I've did it before, but I've just got into the habit of waiting for the OTA updates :) looking forward to receiving it :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :) yeah I'll Google it. I'm sure I've did it before, but I've just got into the habit of waiting for the OTA updates :) looking forward to receiving it :)
Yeah I'm honestly looking forward to sending multiple pictures in an MMS in an MMS and the performance in the redesign material interface.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so here's an update for your hands 4.0. There's still trouble sending multiple pictures in an MMS file. I don't know why but it fails a lot

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so what do you love most about the new update then? Multiple picture send out in an MMS message but it takes its sweet time.

I sideloaded the app yesterday and have been using it ever since. I like the new material design, but it frustrates me when my contact photos don't pull through from my phones contacts. for example, wee wee sister has an Iphone and her chat on hangouts has an icon "K" for her name - Karen. Everyone else who has an Android / Google + account their profile pic pulls through for their contact.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I sideloaded the app yesterday and have been using it ever since. I like the new material design, but it frustrates me when my contact photos don't pull through from my phones contacts. for example, wee wee sister has an Iphone and her chat on hangouts has an icon "K" for her name - Karen. Everyone else who has an Android / Google + account their profile pic pulls through for their contact.
I find that overall the new Google Hangouts 4.0 update version is pretty smooth the only thing it lags a little on his picture ideas but it always was bad at night. Loading multiple pictures in an MMS file its slow but at least it doesn't now. But overall the application update is nice.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Still disappointed. Looks better but still a horrible messenger service. I keep trying to like it, I will give it a longer trial period. I just wished google would stop with the makeovers and give us a solid app. I only know one other person who uses it. Things I wanted to see was end to end encryption and the ability to send files by way of gdrive, Dropbox, ect. Instead we got stickers (I am not a 16 year old) and material design. If it keeps taking 20 minutes to send an sms and argue about receiving mms...... And it still keeps sending location and stickers without hitting send.

Posted via the AC App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Still disappointed. Looks better but still a horrible messenger service. I keep trying to like it, I will give it a longer trial period. I just wished google would stop with the makeovers and give us a solid app. I only know one other person who uses it. Things I wanted to see was end to end encryption and the ability to send files by way of gdrive, Dropbox, ect. Instead we got stickers (I am not a 16 year old) and material design. If it keeps taking 20 minutes to send an sms and argue about receiving mms...... And it still keeps sending location and stickers without hitting send.

Posted via the AC App
However I will be honest with you that I love the fact that you can send multiple pictures in an MMS file. We can never do that with hangouts before. Its slow for MMS sending, but I'll deal with it something's better than nothing. Its hands too I am with my dad with Wi-Fi only Samsung Galaxy Tab so I can't use Google messenger.