How do I move to official T-Mobile 6.0 from the flashed one?

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm running MRA58K and once available would like to move to the T-Mobile official version of 6.0. I flashed 6.0 weeks ago, I'm a first time flasher (heh), and am wondering would it be as simple as flashing to the new version like I did from 5.1.1 to 6.0?

Thanks,

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Useless info. Where is mra58x to even flash. I looked everywhere online a waste of time as usual.

I am worried I won't get any updates anymore as I never even got the November update.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I read that they are coming out with a specific marshmallow update for the Tmobile Nexus 6, I went to Wugfresh and downgraded from the stock marshmallow I upgraded to last month to 5.1.0 lollipop. When I did that, I had 4-5 updates waiting for me. Now I have the latest Tmobile lollipop waiting for the update. I know I will get it because my phone has updated a few times already so the server knows that. Good luck.

Posted via the Android Central App

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm running MRA58K and once available would like to move to the T-Mobile official version of 6.0. I flashed 6.0 weeks ago, I'm a first time flasher (heh), and am wondering would it be as simple as flashing to the new version like I did from 5.1.1 to 6.0?

Thanks,

A few options:
1. Wait for OTA to be available MRA58K to MRA58X
2. Wait for factory image (MRA58X) to be available - and flash it (should be available pretty soon)
3. Flash LYZ28N factory image, and then ADB sideload OTA file

I'm waiting on option 2 - because MRA58K already gives me WiFi calling, and Band 12.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
A few options:
1. Wait for OTA to be available MRA58K to MRA58X
2. Wait for factory image (MRA58X) to be available - and flash it (should be available pretty soon)
3. Flash LYZ28N factory image, and then ADB sideload OTA file

I'm waiting on option 2 - because MRA58K already gives me WiFi calling, and Band 12.

I'd flashed MRA58R myself. Not so certain there'll be an OTA bringing it from there to 'X,' so was going to just flash X when it hits but... my N6 is starting to die (constant restarts, drop-outs on loudspeaker). Talk about timing - 3 days before end of warranty! Silly Google, if you'd just timed those failures a week later you'd be selling me a nice shiny new N6p; as it stands, just love the N6 too much to buy a modest upgrade when I can get this resolved for free and save myself the issue of flashing again.

What is the difference between the T-Mo specific version and the latest 'R' version anyway?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Interesting edit on the T-Mobile Software Updates page for the Nexus 6. It now specifically lists MRA58K as a build that can receive the OTA to MRA58X. So now I have 2 phones that still haven't gotten this OTA!!

tmo-112415.jpg

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
They have to. What if you got a Nexus 6 then switched carriers to T-Mobile.
They didn't offer that with Lollipop unfortunately. Even with M, they don't offer it for all builds - yet (MRA58R to MRA58X for example)

Would be good if they did offer it for any build to any build. Or, you know, if they just had a universal build instead! Doh! :)

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
If I have to sideload any updates 6.0.1 example then I will have to erase and keep my bootloader unlocked even though it is under warranty. Stupid Google.