7.1.1 May update is amazing (N6F27C)

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I side loaded the May update last night and wow! Night and day difference from the previous several updates I had. I was on March so maybe April was good too. There seems to be very little lag in anything when before most activities were a little sluggish. Even the camera is greatly improved; it's still a little slow, but not unresponsive and super slow to start or process HDR+ as before. I feel like I have a new device. Whatever they changed in this update is some great magic.

Very brief additional observations, that I need more time to confirm :
Previously I was annoyed with the drastic brightness reduction at dusk if using auto brightness and that seems to be gone or reduced within reasonable levels.
Battery might not be quite as good, but I haven't gone through enough of a cycle yet to say for sure. I would gladly take a small hit to get this performance.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I may have spoken to soon on the camera. Definitely still takes a long time to process HDR+ and sluggish while doing so.
Other things still generally feel snappier.
Battery definitely gave me less screen on time today.
Also overdimming at sundown is still a thing. Only usable if brightness is at least 50%, still.

Last edited:

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Just side loaded and wiped cache. Will see how it goes. I did run antutu to check performance and got 77,647. Previously I had got mid 80k. Not sure if the os has to optimise after updating.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
still lags every few days for me. clearing the cache helps for a while then it goes back. camera and Snapchat the worst.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87