Am I getting good battery life?

ranchlizard

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Post your details and screen shots. I, for one, am not sure if I am getting good battery life. Perhaps others are unsure. We can compare and discuss.

Is this good or bad?

19h 8m
24% remaining
4h 46m screen on (seems low, not the 8+ hours I would hope for...)

WiFi is set to turn off when locked.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to post one later today, so I won't put it on charge again today. Just commenting on the OP. If you barely use the device, it's going to have really good battery life. Movies, games, and wifi, will kill the battery pretty much faster than what you have going now. We'll see how it goes.

ranchlizard

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
With light usage I was able to hit 4 days and 6 hours and the device remained on the entire time (not the screen on, it was powered on but asleep). I played a couple hours of games and around 5 hours of music. Web surfing, app updating, Twittering, etc.

I just updated my thread that talks about my battery life in general here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...iaserver-why-draining-my-battery-so-much.html

In those 4 days 6 hours, you didn't happen to drill down and see what your screen time on was, did you?

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I forgot to click and see the actual 'time on total' number. Sorry! I can say that 85% of the time the brightness was at the lowest setting and the other 15% (maybe 10%) of the time, the slider was sitting around 1/8 or 1/5 (varies as needed) on the brightness bar.

assimilation

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
At around 30% screen brightness, with wi-fi on, I get around 7-8 hours of constant web browsing, which, considering its 16 watt hour battery means it's averaging on about 2 watts. This puts any desktop PC to shame when it comes to efficiency. I still leave my PC on mind you so I can access its hard disks via the network.

ranchlizard

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I turned off "Google's location service" (Settings->Location services->Google's location service) and everything improved quite a bit. My Wi-Fi would turn off in sleep mode and my partial wakelocks looked better. (See BetterBatteryStats)

However, this made it so Google Now wouldn't work, which l like quite a bit, so I think that might be my main battery drain, from what I can tell so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38