Google can refund your shipping for your Nexus 7 Pre-Order

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email after shooting Google customer support about refunding my shipping on my pre-order. They refunded it no questions ask.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got an email after shooting Google customer support about refunding my shipping on my pre-order. They refunded it no questions ask.

What was the turn around? I've yet to be refunded for my refused delivery...and that was like a month ago :).

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just took my shot! :) I also did a Planet Feedback, which so far they have not responded to.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many is a website that many companies respond to when folks write complaint letters via their site. I had good luck with them writing about Verizon, RIM, and Comcast. Verizon in particular got back to me in day. I sent a letter to the VZW president's office via the site and his office contacted me back in 2 days and resolved the issue to my satisfaction within a week. So far google has not responded and it's been since Aug 2nd, so I'm gonna say Planetfeedback did not work for them, BUT in general it's a great site. :)

Reactions: dmmarck

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't refuse my shipment. However I pre-ordered mine 2 days after it was announced. All I did was email their customer support and tell them was a terrible thing it was that I paid for shipping when I got my pre-order after retail stores got the unit. They said they understood and refunded me the charge for shipping.

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't refuse my shipment. However I pre-ordered mine 2 days after it was announced. All I did was email their customer support and tell them was a terrible thing it was that I paid for shipping when I got my pre-order after retail stores got the unit. They said they understood and refunded me the charge for shipping.

I was so irritated by this when it happened. What is their email address? I ordered mine the day after it was announced and waited for it like everyone else did only to find out the people were getting theirs from stores before I did. They obviously did not have to pay for shipping and got their N7 a few days before I did.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I too contacted Google about this, though the contact method I found had a customer service rep call me. They supposedly forwarded the complaint to another department that would review it, and according to the first service rep, likely refund the shipping. We'll see...

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well son of a gun, I got a refund! Not the entire amount, but good portion of it. I got 10.50 back, of my 13.99 shipping. :) I'm happy.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How did you email them? I went through Google wallet to ask a question in regards to my order but it takes me nowhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
When I called Google earlier this week to get a replacement for my defective N7 I thought I'd give it a shot and see if they could refund the shipping charges on my initial N7 since the stores got them 2 days before I got my pre-ordered N7. They said No. I explained and the guy was pleasant about it but said Google can't do that. Maybe I got the wrong person?